+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea v Burnley Match Preview

Well that was a shocking first half even by BFC standards.We have a goal chalked off-a penalty that goes beyond belief and then Nick Pope forgot what his arms were for.
    My God we are shoite.

I am seeing it in South Africa, and it’s the same sh!te you are seeing

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I am seeing it in South Africa, and it’s the same sh!te you are seeing
    Surely it looks better watching it in the sun with a cold beer Alto?

My lad has just rung from the Bridge and asked if, "Scotty can beam him up?"

Yes the Castle beer is cold, the sun is still giving off plenty of heat at nearly 7pm, the only other thing I could hope for is something to give me comfort for staying in the PL with intent, but I think we all know now that the powers that be are content to do nothing to address it, just like the last 2 years, for most Claret fans it is a disgrace

If we dont strengthen I believe we are heading back to the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    If we dont strengthen I believe we are heading back to the Championship.
    I think we have left it too late CIB.

Like a few have said on here, Burnley’s gates don’t matter in the PL and they obviously don’t care about Burnley supporters with the way money has been held back & when it has been spent its been spent stupidly, but when we depart from the money league, Garlick & Co will be spouting at every other interview to lend our support, WELL PHUCK EM !

Yes, they have truly messed BFC up and thoroughly p!ssed me off.

a cruddy game in all respects....as were the goals, a questionable offside ruling before Hendicks goal - the Pen also, Willian was buckling before Lowton touched him - and Abrahams, was a high cross of moderate speed, defence had plenty of time to read it, but anyhow - the header itself was poor, making what should have been a simple save for Pope, a fluffed one. Their third - it looked as if Abraham got a touch on the ball.....and seems thats what McNeil thought (offside) because he let Odoi go free, and score.
    As for one of our better chances, the McNeil corner, Mee's header and goal line clearance, to the Wood scramble and Cork's wasteful attempt into the side netting - if he (Cork) had thought to look - he had Mc'neil to his right and two unmarked players (Westwood and Lennon) behind him, he chose the weakest option.....typical, for an irresolute game that relied more on luck, than skill.

The team is low on confidence SD said post match and that is hardly surprising because they are losing matches and they are losing because the squad is not competitive enough. There is a SD mantra that “maximum effort is the minimum requirement” and for me that applies not just to the players but everyone employed by the club. I am not convinced that the Board and recruitment team are making the maximum effort to address the issues we are facing on the playing side and if they are not pulling out all the stops then we are likely to be relegated. I do not want foreign ownership and I feel the majority of Burnley fans still feel that way at the moment. It is our town our team and our Turf. There are plenty of plastics elsewhere who are ready to follow the big money clubs. I won’t join them. As fans of BFC however it is not too much to ask that everyone gives their utmost to maintaining our PL status. If they do that and we still go down then so be it but to fail to make the effort would be a travesty.
    Last edited by outwoodclaret; 11-01-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I think we have left it too late CIB.

Like a few have said on here, Burnley’s gates don’t matter in the PL and they obviously don’t care about Burnley supporters with the way money has been held back & when it has been spent its been spent stupidly, but when we depart from the money league, Garlick & Co will be spouting at every other interview to lend our support, WELL PHUCK EM !

Yes, they have truly messed BFC up and thoroughly p!ssed me off.
    It wont affect me Alto because I cannot afford to go to matches with my two sons who are 11 years old now or even if we are in the Championship but it still pisses me off big time.

S.D Post Match.

"Confident with the facts - of the facts of this Club"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)