+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ludewig Signs

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Welcome to the board mate. Tha reight, it's wrong to judge afooar wiv sin em laik a few games. However, I stand by what I said on the Ritzmaier thread- "foreign players seldom hit the ground running, especially at a club fighting for their lives at the foot of the Championship table"

It's optimistic and probably unfair to expect these two lads to come in and make an instant impact. Obviously I hope they can come here and make a big impact but history doesn't favour that happening in the short term. We can live in hope I guess
    Cheers for the welcome read post on here for last 10 years but never thought to get involved so why not now , new year and all that

Welcome Ponte Bram.

Red Bull Salzburg are the Chelsea of a year or two back taking in a shed load of youngsters and then loaning them out to other clubs because they haven't got enough room to give them all enough game time. RB Salzburg ev tekken this a stage further and run a development "reserve" team in the Austrian second tier called FC Liefering where Struber used to coach before moving to Wolfsberger AC, moving here a few months later.
    I regard the new lad as equivalent to a Chelsea development youngster coming here on loan. There is a tendency to regard players from abroad as better than those in this country. Spud still can't resist over hyping incoming players as in this case when he infers that he has been part of the RB Salzburg side that tops the league when the truth is he has not.
    Good luck to the lad but I expect to see the same impact as I would if a 19 yr old Chelsea loanee came in. I would call that being realistic rather than negative.

Thanks Mate

"Good luck to the lad but I expect to see the same impact as I would if a 19 yr old Chelsea loanee came in. I would call that being realistic rather than negative"

Well lets hope not SB, the last 2 Chelsea youngsters I can remember coming here on loan were Kiwomya and Ugbo.........

Quote Originally Posted by PontyBram View Post
    Cheers for the welcome read post on here for last 10 years but never thought to get involved so why not now , new year and all that
    So now we've got TWO fans on here from Ponty!!. The great West Yorkshire is slowly taking over on here.

As for this latest signing, I do also go along with the critical and disappointed side of it.
    It's not his fault of course and I know we've not seen him kick or even miss a ball yet, but in the month when we need some sort of quality to help us make or break the season, this sort of signing is NOT what we needed.
    Last edited by Acido; 11-01-2020 at 01:03 AM.

There is one end at Oakwell called the Ponte End Acido. It may be where they sit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123