+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shankland concern....

Shankland concern....

I may be paranoid but I am getting bit concerned about the talk of edouard heading to Leicester. They need a long term replacement and back ups for Vardy and Rodgers is said to be keen.

If Celtic lose him in January then they will be desperate then to acquire a striker to compete with Sevco and get 9 in a row.

Given their limited options I can imagine a clamour in the old firm media for shanks - who I am certain will score goals at any level.

Not what we want as we need him to give us a good first year back in the premiership.

A scenario though where Celtic have say £20m transfer fee to use could result in a bid like £6m which ultimately we’d have to take.

Tell me I’m wrong but something like this will play out sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I may be paranoid but I am getting bit concerned about the talk of edouard heading to Leicester. They need a long term replacement and back ups for Vardy and Rodgers is said to be keen.

If Celtic lose him in January then they will be desperate then to acquire a striker to compete with Sevco and get 9 in a row.

Given their limited options I can imagine a clamour in the old firm media for shanks - who I am certain will score goals at any level.

Not what we want as we need him to give us a good first year back in the premiership.

A scenario though where Celtic have say £20m transfer fee to use could result in a bid like £6m which ultimately we’d have to take.

6m? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post

Don’t think there is much point in worrying about every possible scenario that might happen. Not saying it can’t happen, but there are a lot of ifs and buts before that one would happen.

The day Celtic offer 6m for a dundee united player is the day I fly all the way to to Tannadice on the back of my pig to give him a lift there in person.

Nae chance he would sign for them never mind us letting him go in this window

FWIW I've heard he's keen on another season with us to get a bigger move and someone on here posted that their other half works with his other half and she'd fed up on moving about and wants to stay here longer. He looks happy here, all the players do to be fair. If we go up he's got a point to prove from his time with the sheep and St Mirren. I can see him staying a season longer

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    6m? Lol.
    Ken, good ane.

Celtic are not interested in Shankland and Shankland is not interested in Celtic.

Shankland is a massive Rangers fan, he plans to play for them at some point, not just now though. I would imagine that he will be Morelos' replacement when he leaves....as long as their club has actual cash to pay for him. Failing thay, he will be off to England! But most importantly, he will stay at united for long enough for us to get promoted!

6,000,000? Yep, that’s the sort of money I’d be thinking about if we were to let him go in this window - in other words that’ll no be happening.

I was panicking when I was opening the thread - I thought it was going to say he was injured again.

No chance he'd go there as a no.1 striker & no chance they'd give us £6M. He's good, but he's not Edouard good.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)