+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magpies Matchday thread

Good report, Abbo', which says it all. Jimenez worked hard all afternoon, but, sometimes, without the support from his playmate, Jota, he seems less effective. Possibly, you share my own frustration wih the OTT time-wasting tactics some teams prefer to adopt against us. Perhaps it is some indication of how far we have come, but IMO such gamesmanship (a word I hate !) reflects poorly on a wonderful game.

I agree withAbbo & Grizz. The only thing I'd add is that we seemed VERY slow and ponderous at moving the ball forward. We seemed to do more attacking down the LHS than the right. And reluctant to single him out, but yesterday Dendoncker seems to pass the ball back and sideways, rather than pick out an incisive forward attacking pass.

Thanks for your comments lads, I try and report it as I see it. I think that some fans spend too much time singing, and baiting the opposition fans, to actually see what is going on down on the turf. Walking out yesterday I heard two of our supporters talking, " Jimenez didn't look interested". Were they watching the same game as me?

I had to smile when looking at some ones player ratings in the media, Patricio only rated a six and Donk top rated at seven. They get paid for it as well.

I thought the Newcastle fans were very good yesterday, really getting behind their team in large numbers. They even responded well when the South bank started the chant "There's only one Mike Ashley".

Dendoncker is far from the perfect player, but he does come up with some important goals. He can make a great tackle one minute and the next give the ball away. We all have to accept that he is playing out of his natural position at the moment, while we also must accept that despite the major loss of Boly, we have managed the situation well.

---

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Thanks for your comments lads, I try and report it as I see it. I think that some fans spend too much time singing, and baiting the opposition fans, to actually see what is going on down on the turf. Walking out yesterday I heard two of our supporters talking, " Jimenez didn't look interested". Were they watching the same game as me?

I had to smile when looking at some ones player ratings in the media, Patricio only rated a six and Donk top rated at seven. They get paid for it as well.

I thought the Newcastle fans were very good yesterday, really getting behind their team in large numbers. They even responded well when the South bank started the chant "There's only one Mike Ashley".

Dendoncker is far from the perfect player, but he does come up with some important goals. He can make a great tackle one minute and the next give the ball away. We all have to accept that he is playing out of his natural position at the moment, while we also must accept that despite the major loss of Boly, we have managed the situation well.

---
    Well said Abbo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)