+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Preston Game

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,894

    Preston Game

    The weather looked horrible.
    Exciting game, though.
    Once more, it came down to not putting half-chances away. Having said that, with injuries to two of our best players during the match, we actually played reasonably well.
    Certainly, when you consider how many unfavourable comparisons fans have been made between us and PNE this season, what the match actually showed - again - is how even most of the teams are.
    All the same, it was a bugger about that brilliant late save from Tosin. If that had gone in, it would have been a huge boost to confidence.

    Acido - if you read this, well done again. The escape-tunnel has almost reached the surface!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,894
    I've just been looking at one of the Preston fan-sites.
    Neil is getting absolutely panned at the moment.
    Join the club.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,403
    I got drenched.. Corry Evans got injured in exactly the same spot as Dack right in front of me.. decent game.. still not seen a win live in years..! Hope that changes soon.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,263
    Didn't see this one and haven't read reports yet.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I got drenched.. Corry Evans got injured in exactly the same spot as Dack right in front of me.. decent game.. still not seen a win live in years..! Hope that changes soon.
    Saxo - so you're responsible for our bad run!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,894
    Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Didn't see this one and haven't read reports yet.
    Seventwo - just a few random points from the game.
    1) Downing was easily the best player on the pitch.
    2) Bauer is a solid defender, but his distribution was poor. (Incidentally, he was awarded a foul towards the end that could easily have gone the other way and been a penalty. Saxo - how did you see that incident?)
    3) On the day, Tosin looked a bit shaky at times.
    4) Until his injury, our most dangerous attacking threats came from Nyambe.
    5) Considering Preston were being held up as the example we should aspire to, a month ago, it's interesting that their main tactic was to stop us playing!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,403
    Without the benefit of a action replay(obviously) I honestly never saw anything that I'd call as a pen for us.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,282
    Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Seventwo - just a few random points from the game.
    1) Downing was easily the best player on the pitch.
    2) Bauer is a solid defender, but his distribution was poor. (Incidentally, he was awarded a foul towards the end that could easily have gone the other way and been a penalty. Saxo - how did you see that incident?)
    3) On the day, Tosin looked a bit shaky at times.
    4) Until his injury, our most dangerous attacking threats came from Nyambe.
    5) Considering Preston were being held up as the example we should aspire to, a month ago, it's interesting that their main tactic was to stop us playing!
    I agree with 99% of that.
    Who was holding Preston in high esteem? Someone off one of those idiot websites no doubt.
    I thought we looked a better side both games and Bauer is a bit of a stump. Preston and going nowhere like Rovers. 2 midtable Champ teams.
    If we where around the level of Brentford I'd be more than happy. Starting with getting shut of the academy. And are a club with a vision and are going somewhere.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,894
    The thing is, Champs, it's more a question of which teams aren't mid-table quality!
    WBA have taken only four points from their last five games. The two teams on a a roll - at the moment - are Reading and Boro.
    In a month's time, it could be two or three others. Look at how Barnsley have turned an almost impossible position around!
    I think it's almost impossible to work out what the table will look like in May.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,282
    Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    The thing is, Champs, it's more a question of which teams aren't mid-table quality!
    WBA have taken only four points from their last five games. The two teams on a a roll - at the moment - are Reading and Boro.
    In a month's time, it could be two or three others. Look at how Barnsley have turned an almost impossible position around!
    I think it's almost impossible to work out what the table will look like in May.
    I'll guarantee you now, Blackburn wont be involved. And I'll guarantee West Brom, Leeds, Brentford and Fulham will all get into the top few spaces, or play offs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •