+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jacob brown

He has benefited from learning his trade gradually in the U23's and then in the Third Division last season rather than being thrown straight into the Championship as a kid.

I'm not sure that Brown's ability/ form is all down to a few matches being coached under Struber.

The key players in the team - Woodrow, Mowatt, Chaplin, Brown, (Collins), have all come through the route of being coached in the English U23 system and learning their trade/toughening up in a lower league, usually the Third Division.
    It is interesting that most of those struggling in the team are those arriving from abroad having experienced different coaching systems and games with the owners expecting them to hit the ground running. It will be interesting to see how the players from abroad develop under Struber before crowning him a coaching and tactical genius.

Jacob joined the Reds from Guiseley for around 30k , he progressed through the Academy , as many thought he would , outstanding talent , one of the best in recent years IMO, this lad has a great future if he carries on doing well , Good Luck to him , he deserves it ,he's been loyal and he owes this club nothing ,
    I hope the lad gets a good move in the future , it's what he deserves ,

He's a reight laiker

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I'm not sure that Brown's ability/ form is all down to a few matches being coached under Struber.

The key players in the team - Woodrow, Mowatt, Chaplin, Brown, (Collins), have all come through the route of being coached in the English U23 system and learning their trade/toughening up in a lower league, usually the Third Division.
    It is interesting that most of those struggling in the team are those arriving from abroad having experienced different coaching systems and games with the owners expecting them to hit the ground running. It will be interesting to see how the players from abroad develop under Struber before crowning him a coaching and tactical genius.
    Different character Struber from Stendel , I'd go as far as to say chalk n cheese .

Stendel wore his heart on his sleeve and loved his players , the club and the town .

Struber is a thinker and I suspect there's a more ruthless streak in him , not as close to his players but respected none the less , this is the football business with him , not here to be loved here to get results .

Stendel was exactly what we needed after relegation in 2018 , picked the players up off the floor and made them winners , not sure Struber could have done that with his skill set .

Struber maybe the right man now although time will tell .

Definitely made us competitive but he needs two centre halfs to keep us up .

He knows that , he ain't a muppet but will he get what he needs and more to the point if he doesn't and we are relegated where does that leave him ? .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12