+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacob brown

Jacob brown

I’d just like to say how much this lad has come on since the start of the season and it has to be down to struber.

In fairness I’m one of his biggest fans but the first few games after his injury he struggling to make a impact in the game but boy how that has changed, always looks dangerous very direct superb in the air we have a great talent yet again from the academy

Just wondered what everyone else makes of him

Quote Originally Posted by PontyBram View Post
    I’d just like to say how much this lad has come on since the start of the season and it has to be down to struber.

In fairness I’m one of his biggest fans but the first few games after his injury he struggling to make a impact in the game but boy how that has changed, always looks dangerous very direct superb in the air we have a great talent yet again from the academy

I thought he was magnificent last season too and scored some huge goals for us that proved to be match winning .

He's come to terms with higher level and there's more to come .

Needs to find the net at this level like he did last season and then we do have a player on our hands .

Although we know where that's going don't we ?

Quote Originally Posted by PontyBram View Post

I'd agree with that Bram bar giving the credit to Struber. Early on in the season Brown flattered to deceive, he was missing an end product but as the season has progressed he's found that end product and must surely be our player with the most assists. He's physically developed too, gained in strength and presence. The lad has good feet and a burst of acceleration. As Animal sez, there's more to come. Struber has given him a more advanced roll which has given him more freedom of expression, Jacob is taking very well to his role in the team. He'll inevitably be on his bike soon

He never gives up - chases from 1st to last minute. Getting physically stronger, quick & a real asset

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    .. Needs to find the net at this level like he did last season and then we do have a player on our hands . Although we know where that's going don't we ?
    By todays standards, what do we reckon would be an acceptable offer if Jacob did have all those attributes right now ?.
    Because as we all know, he would just become another massive sellable asset.

Bournmouth scouts watching him

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    By todays standards, what do we reckon would be an acceptable offer if Jacob did have all those attributes right now ?.
    Because as we all know, he would just become another massive sellable asset.
    Well Bournemouth paid £12m for the blunts David Brookes who is a similar age and style .

Brookes was possibly far more advanced than Jacob although he played in a significantly better team .

Nowt less than £8m for me given the market and Bournemouth are a PL club .

Its been an interesting time so far with Jacob, since he made the step up from the U-23's to the first team, last season.
    Remember he and Victor Ade both made the step up at the same time, but it was clear who was going to make it and who wasn't.
    £7.5 mill should be the least we should be asking for, the likes of Peterbrough would ask for it AND they would get it as well!.

Does it really matter what we get for him or any other player for that matter? He could go for 25 million but would be replaced with a low priced foreign unknown who Hoss would call a 'significant upgrade on the departing player'.

Coming on leaps and bounds this kid, really benefiting from good coaching, it’s evident for all to see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast