+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So most on here

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    BPF was dropped for less fu ck ups than Casilla so??
    Lol. Our Billy reinforces the stereotype. Hic.

It’s deja by and the three common denominators are:

Kiko
    Bamford
    MB

1 Is Kiko better than last year?
    2 IsBamford better than last year?
    3 Is MB willing to change up 1 or 2 or any other strategy or players? Is he willing to demand a striker that can score or a keeper that won’t fold under pressure.

Repeating the same thing and expecting a different result is illogical

The difference is we won’t have any of the core team or coaches if we fail to go up

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I’m drinking Pete.Sorry,
    Lol, Me too, just got home from after game, think we all pissed off today, we will be ok.

Well it all feels like deja-vu.

The question I am asking myself is this the start of yet another collapse.

Keep hearing we have learned the lessons of last season..really???

Worst part for me today was seeing that useless great big dollop of sh1t goading our kop after the 2nd goal went in and having to witness Gary Monk thinking he is a tactical genius..f*cking hate this game at times!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Well it all feels like deja-vu.

The question I am asking myself is this the start of yet another collapse.

Keep hearing we have learned the lessons of last season..really???

Worst part for me today was seeing that useless great big dollop of sh1t goading our kop after the 2nd goal went in and having to witness Gary Monk thinking he is a tactical genius..f*cking hate this game at times!
    We only get what we deserve. Bielsa may be an inspirational coach, but he's not God. Others, those who we will have to compete against, will have worked out how to at least compete against us, if not beat us. We're not talking rocket science, just the need for investment in that which MIGHT give us Premieship status.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    We only get what we deserve. Bielsa may be an inspirational coach, but he's not God. Others, those who we will have to compete against, will have worked out how to at least compete against us, if not beat us. We're not talking rocket science, just the need for investment in that which MIGHT give us Premieship status.
    One of the most worrying things is that MB has never really won anything, despite always being lauded for the great football played by his teams.

That does suggest decades of not fully learning from the mistakes of the past - teams running out of steam, refusing to alter tactics when other coaches have worked out your team, keeping faith with the same group of players despite repeated errors (Casilla) and shortcomings (Bamford). A disproportionate amount of injuries appear to be a problem for us too.

I'm hopeful we're capable of regrouping and bouncing back on Saturday, but we have to take into account that it's not just one year's collapse that MB has in his own career - and perhaps for Leeds United it all means a lot more to not succeed than perhaps it did for some/most of his clubs, so even more pressure on him than the players?

Last season's disaster started from Wigan at home, I fear this seasons wigan was the Cardiff game.

I think we are struggling by having Dallas playing centre mid. I think he is a good option playing out wide but struggles to make a telling impact when cm. This is allowing other teams to get at us more freely, especially when we have Costa on the wing.

Imo, I think we all knew from pretty much the start of last season that Bamford wasn't the goalscorer we thought he was, and yet here we are a season and a half later and he's still the talisman. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors, and I know hindsight's a wonderful thing, but Roofe should have been kept. You have to put that down to Bielsa. Bamf's not the only one missing chances. How Harrison missed that chance in the first half is beyond me. I hate it when Bamford smile when he misses yet another chance, someone needs to have a word in his ear.
    Bielsas did great with what he has but some 'regulars' shouldn't be. It was like Preston drawing with us, that was their cup final playing us, they put it all in at ER then got beat 2-0 at home in the next game. We put it all in at Arsenal then lose at home the next game. Promotion is our priority so many players should have been rested. Its bloody horrible being a Leeds supporter. We always do things the hard was. Last day of the season at home to Bristol Rvs springs to mind. People keep saying 'enjoy the ride', well I certainly am not.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    It’s deja by and the three common denominators are:

Kiko
    Bamford
    MB

1 Is Kiko better than last year?
    2 IsBamford better than last year?
    3 Is MB willing to change up 1 or 2 or any other strategy or players? Is he willing to demand a striker that can score or a keeper that won’t fold under pressure.

Repeating the same thing and expecting a different result is illogical

The difference is we won’t have any of the core team or coaches if we fail to go up
    Yep, "Repeating the same thing and expecting a different result is illogical". What we need now is courage to address the glaringly obvious problems whilst we still have the opportunity.

If MB has real courage he'll play Meslier, who looked much more solid vs Arsenal than Casilla has for 10 games now. He has no option re Bamford at the moment, (I'm still not convinced by Roberts, he has his moments, but equally he can disappear in games), so that's where courage from Radrizanni comes in, spend big (by LUFC standards) and get a genuine replacement for Bamford - not 'quality back-up' but genuine replacement, then Bamford can be the 'quality back-up'. If MB has real courage he'll drop Costa back to the bench, play Klich and Hernandes in the middle in front of KP and put Dallas on the right wing. He'll persist with Douglas at LB, at least starting, because for all Alioski's energy he's a liability defensively. And he'll start to use Shackleton ahead of Stevens.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)