+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So most on here

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    We only get what we deserve. Bielsa may be an inspirational coach, but he's not God. Others, those who we will have to compete against, will have worked out how to at least compete against us, if not beat us. We're not talking rocket science, just the need for investment in that which MIGHT give us Premieship status.
    Ah..and there is the crucial word 'Investment'.

Well we are 12 days in the Jan TW and still nothing of note..and after yesterdays pathetic collapse you would think it would be the kick up the arse needed to go and get some quality in.

I heard Phillips and Casilla had to be separated in the tunnel, then Cooper and Ayling also having words. If true, it's all coming apart, again.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    It’s deja by and the three common denominators are:

Kiko
    Bamford
    MB

1 Is Kiko better than last year?
    2 IsBamford better than last year?
    3 Is MB willing to change up 1 or 2 or any other strategy or players? Is he willing to demand a striker that can score or a keeper that won’t fold under pressure.

Repeating the same thing and expecting a different result is illogical
    You might want to check with Einstein about that; according to him, it's far worse than illogical.

We're a very generous 9/2 with Paddy Power not to win promotion. If I had a ton to spare, which I don't, I'd have it on. Would be a nice consolation if it all goes ti ts up again.

4/7 to win the league and 1/14 to be promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    You might want to check with Einstein about that; according to him, it's far worse than illogical.
    Insanity? But then MB is 'El Loco' after all...........

We played crap, still should have scored 1/2 in the first half.

We need options in attack for when its not working. If we sign nobody I'd really worry.

We need Forshaw, Shackleton, Pablo, Roberts all fit so we have realistic options on the bench not Robbie Gotts.

Doesnt exactly fill me with confidence when Bielsa is saying there is 'anxiousness' in the squad, like its not even end of Jan and they're ****ting themselves already about buggering it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Yep, "Repeating the same thing and expecting a different result is illogical". What we need now is courage to address the glaringly obvious problems whilst we still have the opportunity.

If MB has real courage he'll play Meslier, who looked much more solid vs Arsenal than Casilla has for 10 games now. He has no option re Bamford at the moment, (I'm still not convinced by Roberts, he has his moments, but equally he can disappear in games), so that's where courage from Radrizanni comes in, spend big (by LUFC standards) and get a genuine replacement for Bamford - not 'quality back-up' but genuine replacement, then Bamford can be the 'quality back-up'. If MB has real courage he'll drop Costa back to the bench, play Klich and Hernandes in the middle in front of KP and put Dallas on the right wing. He'll persist with Douglas at LB, at least starting, because for all Alioski's energy he's a liability defensively. And he'll start to use Shackleton ahead of Stevens.
    Agree on every point. Will the nettle be grasped, though?

Except Douglas wasn't at the races at times yesterday either at LB. Shack should've come on yesterday with 15 to go - would have run at tiring defenders and opened up spaces.

Have to say Kalvin at fault for the first goal yesterday too - terrible misplaced pass to them, then stood gesticulating about it when if he'd run back in CM he would have been in position to stop the key pass in the move.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)