+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boro v Rams

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA what on earth makes you think he's going to Leeds .A team that demands 100%of every player in every game Bielsa wouldn't give him a second look A player who turns up at one in ten games , is doing community service, no driving licence ,admitted he relies on alcohol because of confidence issues. Afraid we are stuck with him for two more years ,that should knock a couple thousand of next season's ticket holders ����
    Just rumour, mista. Absolutely no ‘insider’ knowledge but I’ve heard two independent rumours that have suggested the same thing.

Tom Lawrence is probably the least popular player amongst DCFC fans since Claude Davies. Most, however - including you, Swale, GP and MA - accept that there’s ‘a player in there somewhere’.
    I completely agree with that, as do many others including Ryan Giggs apparently. I’m sure Bielsa will be aware of all that and the way in which things work out for certain players at certain clubs and not at others is well known...ask Vydra who, like Lawrence, has huge confidence issues and who I’m sure Burnley would be well pleased to see the back of.

P.S. Did you notice Jamie Paterson’s contribution to Brizzle’s win yesterday? You, tbf, have been one of very few who have defended him but he has been another object of hatred amongst Derby’s less knowledgeable/tolerant fans.
    Sometimes players fit in at a club...sometimes they don’t. Lawrence, imo, is that type of player. I’d be happy to see the back of him but can understand both MM not wanting to ‘give’ him away and how he could fulfil his potential elsewhere.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 12-01-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Just rumour, mista. Absolutely no ‘insider’ knowledge but I’ve heard two independent rumours that have suggested the same thing.

Tom Lawrence is probably the least popular player amongst DCFC fans since Claude Davies. Most, however - including you, Swale, GP and MA - accept that there’s ‘a player in there somewhere’.
    I completely agree with that, as do many others including Ryan Giggs apparently. I’m sure Bielsa will be aware of all that and the way in which things work out for certain players at certain clubs and not at others is well known...ask Vydra who, like Lawrence, has huge confidence issues and who I’m sure Burnley would be well pleased to see the back of.

P.S. Did you notice Jamie Paterson’s contribution to Brizzle’s win yesterday? You, tbf, have been one of very few who have defended him but he has been another object of hatred amongst Derby’s less knowledgeable/tolerant fans.
    Sometimes players fit in at a club...sometimes they don’t. Lawrence, imo, is that type of player. I’d be happy to see the back of him but can understand both MM not wanting to ‘give’ him away and how he could fulfil his potential elsewhere.
    RA yes your right sometimes a player is at the wrong club , but I would be astonished if Lawrence would be of any interest to Leeds . Although I hope he does go True about Vydra although he played yesterday Derby fans always have to have a scapegoat , recent ones Christie , Pearce who now play for teams above us in the league . At present the Keogh haters can't say much , so it's Evans who is useless . Yes I saw Paterson i know he's a good player I've seen him many times , but being a tree he was never going to be accepted Like to know what's happening with Marriott he looked really fit against Barnsley but not played since supposed to have muscle problem . Rumoured Hull want him ,got to the point now I would let him go

[QUOTE=mistaram;39408306]
    Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Not sure we can afford to do that! Also why would he not want to move? What with a cut of the transfer fee and signing on fees he would make a mint provided the next contract was in line with his requirements.

Can't work out why he is so hit and miss, he has the potential but is a poor mans Tom Ince which says how crap he has been been

Swales you are right on all of that But that's no excuse for Cocu to pick him When you have driven 160miles and the first thing you hear is Lawrence is starting It leaves a nasty taste He was really poor again but he had good company in Bogle and Rooney they were just as bad .Boro should have been out of sight after thirty minutes had four great chances They just wanted it more . Lucky point papered over the cracks for another week If we survive not being relegated this season and not convinced by what I'm hearing and seeing that we will . Then massive changes need doing in the summer This investment is dragging on a bit now
    Maybe Cocu hadn't much choice? Not sure what the injury list is like, but we have had a fair run of games. I agree with other sentiments, if its other issues affecting the lads form then give him some rest and the necessary help, because at the moment he is a liability.

Not sure how long he has left on his contract but terminating it would cost us, plus we lose an asset which affects the end of season accounts so he will only be sold if he goes. Funny how other clubs seem to be able to persuade derby to pay high fees for players who are not worth the money, it happens time and time again in recent times, no wonder the other clubs get shot of these players and they must love it when the "mugs" at Derby come sniffing around waving the cash!

[QUOTE=swaledale;39408796]

Maybe Cocu hadn't much choice? Not sure what the injury list is like, but we have had a fair run of games. I agree with other sentiments, if its other issues affecting the lads form then give him some rest and the necessary help, because at the moment he is a liability.

Not sure how long he has left on his contract but terminating it would cost us, plus we lose an asset which affects the end of season accounts so he will only be sold if he goes. Funny how other clubs seem to be able to persuade derby to pay high fees for players who are not worth the money, it happens time and time again in recent times, no wonder the other clubs get shot of these players and they must love it when the "mugs" at Derby come sniffing around waving the cash!
    Not sure we’ve been quite such ‘mugs’ since the ‘removal’ of a certain chief exec, Swale and can’t quite recall where Lawrence’s signing fits into that scenario.
    Maybe we’ll no longer be in such a ‘rush’ to make expensive and questionable signings now.
    As I understand it the signing of Rooney, which appears to be costing the club very little, appears to be a piece of economic brilliance in comparison with what we’ve become more used to.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39408876]
    Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Not sure we’ve been quite such ‘mugs’ since the ‘removal’ of a certain chief exec, Swale and can’t quite recall where Lawrence’s signing fits into that scenario.
    Maybe we’ll no longer be in such a ‘rush’ to make expensive and questionable signings now.
    As I understand it the signing of Rooney, which appears to be costing the club very little, appears to be a piece of economic brilliance in comparison with what we’ve become more used to.

[QUOTE=mistaram;39408967]RA every club have signed players for big money who have turned out to be flops Swales talks like we're the only ones who do .Blackburn bought strikers Gallagher from Southampton and Brereton from Forest for £20million the scored three goals between them ,no wonder they are £165million in debt Cardiff paid £9million for Madine he's available in a free now if anybody wants him

[QUOTE=mistaram;39408973]

RA every club have signed players for big money who have turned out to be flops Swales talks like we're the only ones who do .Blackburn bought strikers Gallagher from Southampton and Brereton from Forest for £20million the scored three goals between them ,no wonder they are £165million in debt Cardiff paid £9million for Madine he's available in a free now if anybody wants him
    I didn't say we were the only ones, but we do have a a track record of doing it more often than many other clubs - over the years and in particularly the past 5 years we have shelled out big bucks for players who did zilch then moved on for free or nominal fees.

So there has been Buttercup, and perhaps Johnson - although there is a case for him having paid his way. Lawrence is still a work in progress. So who else have we spunked big money on that were flops? Thorne, well primarily due to injury and that cannot be legislated for. Vydra and Ince we got cash back or better, leaving me with Buttercup being the only particularly outstanding bag of ****e? Everyone is allowed one mistake :-)

[QUOTE=swaledale;39409101][QUOTE=mistaram;39408973]

I didn't say we were the only ones, but we do have a a track record of doing it more often than many other clubs - over the years and in particularly the past 5 years we have shelled out big bucks for players who did zilch then moved on for free or nominal fees.[/QUOTE

Swales apologies for the delay ive been to Loughborough watching the U23 bad knee injury to Bielic looks like his season over
    Yes we have let players go for nominal fees But we've also made money out players we got for nothing Hunt, Rawson ,Thomas, Guy, Hughes, Hendrick there's £18million We got £4million more than we paid for Vydra £3million more than we paid for Ince . That's how football works As RA said the person who made those bad decision is no longer at the club

Swales apologies for the delay ive been to Loughborough watching the U23 bad knee injury to Bielic looks like his season over
    Yes we have let players go for nominal fees But we've also made money out players we got for nothing Hunt, Rawson ,Thomas, Guy, Hughes, Hendrick there's £18million We got £4million more than we paid for Vydra £3million more than we paid for Ince . That's how football works As RA said the person who made those bad decision is no longer at the club
    I think it's more than £18M mista. £10.5M for Hendrick, £8M for Hughes, £1.2 for Thomas plus whatever we got for Hunt, Rawson, Guy, McDonald and others. Possibly up to 21M or 22M. Just goes to show how pointless the Academy is, hey?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)