+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boro v Rams

Boro v Rams

Very good point. I'm told that it was a game of two halves, we were crap in the first half and generally in the ascendency in the second. Nicking a late point always leaves a nice taste. The concerns were Lawrence, namely why was he picked and why did it take eighty odd minutes to sub him when he did **** all.
    The DET gave him a five which is apparently four too many!! If he was in the shop window that's ****ed any chance of selling him!!

Think Lawrence knows he's not wanted but he also knows Mel wants a fee, what better way to scupper DCFC's plans to find a buyer than to play sh it, I think if he's still here come close of window he'll have his contract terminated

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Think Lawrence knows he's not wanted but he also knows Mel wants a fee, what better way to scupper DCFC's plans to find a buyer than to play sh it, I think if he's still here come close of window he'll have his contract terminated

Not sure we can afford to do that! Also why would he not want to move? What with a cut of the transfer fee and signing on fees he would make a mint provided the next contract was in line with his requirements.

Can't work out why he is so hit and miss, he has the potential but is a poor mans Tom Ince which says how crap he has been been!

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Can’t see him having his contract terminated, Stenson. If Mel was intending to do that he’d have done it months ago.
    He’s, probably thankfully from a DCFC perspective, allowed his business head to rule his heart and will want a fee.
    Still suspect he’ll be at Leeds before much longer.

[QUOTE=swaledale;39408109]Not sure we can afford to do that! Also why would he not want to move? What with a cut of the transfer fee and signing on fees he would make a mint provided the next contract was in line with his requirements.

Can't work out why he is so hit and miss, he has the potential but is a poor mans Tom Ince which says how crap he has been been

Swales you are right on all of that But that's no excuse for Cocu to pick him When you have driven 160miles and the first thing you hear is Lawrence is starting It leaves a nasty taste He was really poor again but he had good company in Bogle and Rooney they were just as bad .Boro should have been out of sight after thirty minutes had four great chances They just wanted it more . Lucky point papered over the cracks for another week If we survive not being relegated this season and not convinced by what I'm hearing and seeing that we will . Then massive changes need doing in the summer This investment is dragging on a bit now

Boro should have been out of sight by half time and we can thank them for keeping it down to 1 goal at the break. They pressed and harried and we stood off. They got to play their football and we didn't. I have no idea why we didn't change tactics after 15 minutes and it is a mystery to me. It's hard to think of a player who didn't get caught in possession at least once in the first half. Where was the energy, the intensity of the previous 4 or 5 games (including the 3-0 defeat at Reading)? Nowhere to be seen.

18th minute, Lawro gets put away inside the box, the ball on his better foot. 99 out of every 100 players would have taken the shot. Tom didn't. He cut back inside on his weaker foot and lost the ball...... again. He put in one good piece of work that led to the first goal direct form an intended cross but we'll take them all. Apart from that he was pretty anonymous apart from gving a foul away and then getting petulant with the fouled player and shouting at the ref. Mentally, IMO, there is something amiss with him. He didn't attempt many tackles (3 all game, I think it was) so only gave away the one foul. Not impressed by him yet again. Brilliant against HTFC and Boro earlier in the season, less than average and at times a liability since. I've said it before, there is a very good player in there somewhere but we don't seem able to find it other than once every 10 games. A luxury we can't afford.

2nd half we were more like the team that had 3 wins and a draw from their previous 4 games. We pressed them, we played 15 yards further up the pitch and get the better of them. Lucky equaliser IMO as it was an intended cross that sailed in. Their penalty was one IMO. Needless tackle from behind and he got nothing on the ball and the ref got an easy decision right. Over the 90 minutes a draw was about the right result.

Hamer - Played well enough, not to blame for either goal.
    Bogle - Seemed to drift in and out of the game. To me he still needs reminding that he is a defender first and foremost and that ambling back when they are on the counter is wrong.
    Davies - Decent game. Needs to work on is passing.
    Clarke - Played well but got caught in possession way too often in the 1st half.
    Lowe - Another who lost possession a few times but, in the main, went and got it back.
    Bird - Not a good 1st half, way better in the 2nd.
    Rooney - Not the influencer he was in his previous 2 games.
    Holmes - Ditto Bird. Great strike for the equaliser
    Knight - Average 1st half. Better 2nd half. Lucky with the equaliser but they all count.
    Waghorn - Couldn't get more than a toe on the one half chance he got. Put a shift in mainly to no avail
    Lawrence - Needs a rest and some time with a Sports Psychologist and/or a shrink. A luxury we can't afford at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Can’t see him having his contract terminated, Stenson. If Mel was intending to do that he’d have done it months ago.
    He’s, probably thankfully from a DCFC perspective, allowed his business head to rule his heart and will want a fee.
    Yeah you could right, I was just thinking along the lines that all along since joinergate that Lawrence AND Bennett would be off in this transfer window, gone, out the club done with, now seeing as no other clubes are asking about him Mel may just cut him loose after the window shuts,, I'm probably totally wrong though and Mel thinks he's the future

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    RA what on earth makes you think he's going to Leeds .A team that demands 100%of every player in every game Bielsa wouldn't give him a second look A player who turns up at one in ten games , is doing community service, no driving licence ,admitted he relies on alcohol because of confidence issues. Afraid we are stuck with him for two more years ,that should knock a couple thousand of next season's ticket holders 😄😄

It's a shame he wasn't binned "with cause" at the time. To buy out his contract and get rid now will limit what we can spend now under ffp. To keep him on will cost wages yet to play him will bleed fans and, based on performances, he isn't going to attract buyers. He needs a sequence of good performances to compensate for his "baggage" but doesn't seem capable in present mindset.

There is no right answer but I'd say he needs to be given the rest of the season off for some period of introspection and rehab. There's a player in there but he has to understand how to release the talent consistently and to control petulance and yellowcarditis.

There have been players who mental issues have stymied "glittering careers", some have overcome them, others haven't. Give him the head space and opportunity to overcome, or hand him on to another club who will (sadly using our money)

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Boro should have been out of sight by half time and we can thank them for keeping it down to 1 goal at the break. They pressed and harried and we stood off. They got to play their football and we didn't. I have no idea why we didn't change tactics after 15 minutes and it is a mystery to me. It's hard to think of a player who didn't get caught in possession at least once in the first half. Where was the energy, the intensity of the previous 4 or 5 games (including the 3-0 defeat at Reading)? Nowhere to be seen.

18th minute, Lawro gets put away inside the box, the ball on his better foot. 99 out of every 100 players would have taken the shot. Tom didn't. He cut back inside on his weaker foot and lost the ball...... again. He put in one good piece of work that led to the first goal direct form an intended cross but we'll take them all. Apart from that he was pretty anonymous apart from gving a foul away and then getting petulant with the fouled player and shouting at the ref. Mentally, IMO, there is something amiss with him. He didn't attempt many tackles (3 all game, I think it was) so only gave away the one foul. Not impressed by him yet again. Brilliant against HTFC and Boro earlier in the season, less than average and at times a liability since. I've said it before, there is a very good player in there somewhere but we don't seem able to find it other than once every 10 games. A luxury we can't afford.

2nd half we were more like the team that had 3 wins and a draw from their previous 4 games. We pressed them, we played 15 yards further up the pitch and get the better of them. Lucky equaliser IMO as it was an intended cross that sailed in. Their penalty was one IMO. Needless tackle from behind and he got nothing on the ball and the ref got an easy decision right. Over the 90 minutes a draw was about the right result.

Hamer - Played well enough, not to blame for either goal.
    Bogle - Seemed to drift in and out of the game. To me he still needs reminding that he is a defender first and foremost and that ambling back when they are on the counter is wrong.
    Davies - Decent game. Needs to work on is passing.
    Clarke - Played well but got caught in possession way too often in the 1st half.
    Lowe - Another who lost possession a few times but, in the main, went and got it back.
    Bird - Not a good 1st half, way better in the 2nd.
    Rooney - Not the influencer he was in his previous 2 games.
    Holmes - Ditto Bird. Great strike for the equaliser
    Knight - Average 1st half. Better 2nd half. Lucky with the equaliser but they all count.
    Waghorn - Couldn't get more than a toe on the one half chance he got. Put a shift in mainly to no avail
    Lawrence - Needs a rest and some time with a Sports Psychologist and/or a shrink. A luxury we can't afford at the moment.
    MA I think we've all said there's a player in there but that's getting a bit boring now You are right though he needs help ,we should finish his season now so he can get the professional help he needs Don't think it's a coincidence that we played our better football when he was suspended I know it's not fair to blame him for another poor performance there were three or four equally as inept as him Cocu selection takes some understanding ,and his bench I think it was another chance missed again yesterday Boro were better than us But not that good , they had 9 players under 25 and 6under 21 so their future looks bright . Ours will depend on who we sign because they are not at the club at the moment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)