+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T American Football

They won the 2nd half. Does that count ?

So the two favourites won.

Looks like the Chiefs will win the Superbowl.

Who’s watching?

It’s the 13th time No.1 rated defence has made it to the super bowl. Of the the previous 12 No.1 defence has won 11 of them (according to sky) so jump down my throat if that’s wrong.

That said I still think Kansas and Mahomes will be too good for the 49r’s.

Don't think those Sky rankings are in line with the NFL official ones as neither team are top of either ranking. KC are slightly better ranked offensively and SF quite a bit better defensively but neither are number 1.

I think I already called a high scoring KC win and think that will happen if KC can restrict SFs running game and make Jimmy Garopolo (sp?) throw the ball.

But what do I know? I'll be watching though as 3:30pm KO is much easier than your 11:30pm.

My favourite non football sports event of the year, just ahead of the grand national.

I like the 11.30pm kick off, got a yearly ritual, all day sesh, go to bed at 6:30, get up at 11 then have an all night sesh followed by a week off work to recover.

Just a shame my Denver Broncos aren’t there.

There is actually a movement here to make the day after The Superbowl a 'bank holiday' as it's the worse day of the year for people calling in sick. One bright kid then said 'why don't they just play it on Saturday?" Stumped some of the biggest brains with that one

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    My favourite non football sports event of the year, just ahead of the grand national.

I like the 11.30pm kick off, got a yearly ritual, all day sesh, go to bed at 6:30, get up at 11 then have an all night sesh followed by a week off work to recover.

Just a shame my Denver Broncos aren’t there.
    Hey up Choccy I was waiting for your opinion pal. You're the guvner when it comes to American Football on here.

It's funny how whenever American Footy gets mentioned I always think of you lol. We only worked together for a couple of years about 30 years ago but your passion and rituals about the Superbowl is summat I've never forgot pal.

Hope you enjoy as per.....

I will be staying up to watch it. KC for me as that’s where I put my bet earlier in the campaign.

I wonder what political message will turn up in the half time entertainment slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I will be staying up to watch it. KC for me as that’s where I put my bet earlier in the campaign.

I wonder what political message will turn up in the half time entertainment slot?
    Is it JLo and Shakira? I'll be chanting get your tits out for the lads from the sanctuary of my sofa

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Is it JLo and Shakira? I'll be chanting get your tits out for the lads from the sanctuary of my sofa

Which reminds me of an incident last week during the Sky coverage of the test cricket in South Africa.

Sky got complaints because the effect microphones were picking up the singing by the barmy army.

The song they were singing was “get De Kock out for the lads”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast