+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mason Bennett to agree new 3 year contract.

Mason Bennett to agree new 3 year contract.

Derby in talks with Mason Bennett about a new 3 year contract, I thought they was trying to reduce the wage bill.
    I was hoping that he was on the move?

Who is the Mason Bennett contract with though? Maybe not us, but we're talking to him about Chesterfield?

I can only see that this is to get more money out of Chelsea when they come in for him, Frank loves Mason Bennett remember, lets see how much you love him Frank........or even if you remember him?

He is being offered a contract so we can try to get a fee for him in the summer IMO. No other reason.

3 years though, wow how much in demand is he?

Are clubs really queuing up for him? I'd rather we cut him loose, else we'll get lumbered.

Nobody should be surprised at anything this club does Mason Bennett Derby career 2011-2019 appearances 64. goals 4
    He really has earned a three year contract . At least the club have proven they are serious about promotion next season

A promising career spolit by injuries. One he caused himself in a reckless challenge, some have been caused by opposition players, the other injuries he has suffered have been down to the type of player he is. His game is based on pace and power, a dynamic game and, as with other players of that ilk (Michael Owen for one - Mason isn't in the same class but the injury issues have the same cause), there will be problems. It is quite possible that he was thrown into the lion's den of senior football too soon. Worth a place on his football but, despite being a strong, muscular lad, his body wasn't ready for the rigours of the senior game. A thing Max Lowe also had problems with. His early days were littered with injury but his body fianlly caught up with him and he is now a decent player. I've said before, Mason has been plagued with injuries. 64 games in 8 years tells it's own story on that front. This has meant that he hasn't developed as he should due to the stop/start nature of his career thus far. Not enough goals for a striker, admittedly, but he has played out wide for most of the games he has played.

Last season he was worth the games he got IMO. 2nd top provider of assists at the club and his defensive work was very good. He did what Lamps wanted him to do apart from a few more goals. Coaches/Managers these days put a lot of store in what players do in training. Bennett is one of the best trainers around and it is no surprise that the club have kept him on. IMO he is worth more to the team, far more, than Lawro. Lawro is on 65K a week, Bennett 10K. I know which of the 2 gives the best value.

You are all aware that I have a soft spot for Bennett. I also wrote earlier this season that he had to back up and improve on last season or he should be let go. In this thread I have offered the opinion that the contract is to allow the club to get a fee. I stick by that opinion.

Bielik. We seem to get a lot of these ACL injuries. More, I think, than other clubs. Bielik, Hughes, Bryson, Thorne, Forsyth twice....... might this, at least partially down to the artificial and semi artificial surfaces at training grounds and stadiums?

Lot of idiots online last night saying Cocu was stupid to play Bielik in the 23s....... I disagree. The lad has just missed 3 games with suspension. There was 5 days between that game and the Hull match this Saturday. Perfect time for Bielik to get game time under his belt. An eminently sensible decision IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    A promising career spolit by injuries. One he caused himself in a reckless challenge, some have been caused by opposition players, the other injuries he has suffered have been down to the type of player he is. His game is based on pace and power, a dynamic game and, as with other players of that ilk (Michael Owen for one - Mason isn't in the same class but the injury issues have the same cause), there will be problems. It is quite possible that he was thrown into the lion's den of senior football too soon. Worth a place on his football but, despite being a strong, muscular lad, his body wasn't ready for the rigours of the senior game. A thing Max Lowe also had problems with. His early days were littered with injury but his body fianlly caught up with him and he is now a decent player. I've said before, Mason has been plagued with injuries. 64 games in 8 years tells it's own story on that front. This has meant that he hasn't developed as he should due to the stop/start nature of his career thus far. Not enough goals for a striker, admittedly, but he has played out wide for most of the games he has played.

Last season he was worth the games he got IMO. 2nd top provider of assists at the club and his defensive work was very good. He did what Lamps wanted him to do apart from a few more goals. Coaches/Managers these days put a lot of store in what players do in training. Bennett is one of the best trainers around and it is no surprise that the club have kept him on. IMO he is worth more to the team, far more, than Lawro. Lawro is on 65K a week, Bennett 10K. I know which of the 2 gives the best value.

You are all aware that I have a soft spot for Bennett. I also wrote earlier this season that he had to back up and improve on last season or he should be let go. In this thread I have offered the opinion that the contract is to allow the club to get a fee. I stick by that opinion.
    MA so somebody gets the Mail to write that Millwall boss Gary Rowett wants to sign him .Then the club to into panic mode and offer a three year contract . What happens if nobody wants him which with his record on and off the field is highly likely . We get stuck with a player who will never make , but just suits MM agenda of 50% academy players next season The ambition at this club has gone , you will see that in season ticket sales to next season

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)