+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Wiles

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    problem starts for wiles on saturday. mattock is back so who plays LB? if its mattock where is wiles. bench or left wing?
    Mattock even though imo he can get caught out too often

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    problem starts for wiles on saturday. mattock is back so who plays LB? if its mattock where is wiles. bench or left wing?
    Depends how big a ' mate ' Hakeeb is with Paul...

Joe Mattock to left back.

Barring injuries centre mid has to be Dan Barlaser and Matt Crooks.
    Difficult decision to leave Ben out, that's what PW gets paid for...making decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep not denying he did well in an unfamiliar position. It made sense to bring on Lyndsey to help him out.

Cayton, I think Wiles may be on subs bench because I think the new lad will be on the wing.
    Think Adelakun will be on bench tbh

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Think Adelakun will be on bench tbh
    Think Adelakun will be on bench tbh.

We can always bring him on second half if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    If Ben turns out as good as his grandad we may make a decent profit on him.
    I remember the old days Casper when Eddie's was about the only name in English football you couldn't pronounce. A different story today

Its true adelakun will have to get Warneys fitness levels. Thought he lacked a bit of match sharpness on sat which is natural I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I remember the old days Casper when Eddie's was about the only name in English football you couldn't pronounce.
    A few struggled with Ray Mielczarek

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I remember the old days Casper when Eddie's was about the only name in English football you couldn't pronounce. A different story today
    Ah, the good old days.
    I started to struggle when we signed....Ray Mielczarek....

Try to buy buy a team sheet these days, 20p at NYS.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    A few struggled with Ray Mielczarek
    ..a few opponents struggled with Ray.

He was quite a hard case. My abiding memories of him were leaving the ground after the game with bruises all over his forehead - the legacy of the old heavy ball.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Problem was in the first half roly, Fosu their left winger is a decent player on his day. By putting the more natural right back there it allowed Chieo to get forward more instead of Ogbene helping Ben out.
    Browne, Holland came on at half time and Matty Taylor after an hour, that's three quality players.
    Hakeeb Aladekun taken off and Lindsay came on to help Ben out, he was under pressure that second half more than the first half, Ben did really well apart from a couple of mistakes.

That's how I saw it.
    Also, why play 2 players out of position, he has played Wiles out on the left midfield before, so no reason why not to play him at left back. Plus Ogbene and Olosunde, are starting to form a good relationship and the more they play the stronger the understanding between the two will be.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast