+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ben Wiles

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Barlaser & Lindsay 1st choice for me in midfield. I'm not a Crooks fan from day 1 for us.
    The sensible Oxford fans thought Crooks ran the midfield and would like it if they had him

Crookes is pivotal to our success and forms part of the spine of our team in my view

Iverson, Wood, Crookes, Smith

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Can give the ball away but he was a man mountain at Oxford gwru. If I was a defender id be pretty shyte scared if he came charging at me like a bull in midfield.
    Don't forget Matt Crooks has come up with 7 league goals and 2 in the cup competitions.
    Some of the league goals he's scored have been crucial, two at Ipswich away, two at Gillingham away and an equalizer against Fleetwood. Those 7 league goals are a good return for a midfielder just over halfway through the season, Vaulks only scored 8 all season.
    Ben Wiles and Lindsay will get their chance, just not at present.
    Why change a centre - midfield of Barlaser and Crooks unless we have to ?

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Why change a centre - midfield of Barlaser and Crooks unless we have to ?
    I agree with that, C64F

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    The sensible Oxford fans thought Crooks ran the midfield and would like it if they had him
    So did the sensible RUFC fans

I'm beginning to worry for him. As a team we relied on him for his energy to get us through games. Now we're playing him as an all round utility player.

Where is his best position? He needs to be played there for the betterment of the team and if it detracts from the team he should be dropped.

He's too young to build a team around and he won't be with us long enough to do that but he can’t be played out of position week in week out!

Like I say, I fear for him. But that doesn't stop me enjoying seeing him play for us.

Crooks is a great buy for us. He has everything you could want from a midfielder.

I was talking to Périgordmiller on Saturday and said that I'd like to see the whole of the pitch sometimes to see what work he's doing off the ball.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234