+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time we changed our stand on transfer deals..

It's time we changed our stand on transfer deals..

Yet another Multi Million pound player rolls off the conveyor belt at Peterborough......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51093126

How do Peterborough manage to have a contract clause written in to say the Non league player they bought, cannot leave unless a bid in excess of £2.5 Million pounds is offered? Where do they get these ridiculous sums from?

Looking at Maddison's career he has though banged in 64 goals in 249 appearances over 5+ years., but worth more than 2.5 Mill?

IF a bid comes in for Ihiekwe then let's hope it's a realistic bid and not something the club will take too easily as previously taken in other deals.

Most of those type of deals don't come with add ons

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Most of those type of deals don't come with add ons
    Guaranteed coin though.

I was chatting to a member of RUFC staff the other week (who shall, for obvious reasons, remain anonymous). He said we are circa a top 6 budget club, but are miles behind the top paying in the division.

I was amazed at his response when I told him i assumed Sunderland and Pompey would be the big spenders. He said, "not even close".

Apparently Peterborough, and their cheese ball chairman, are far and away the highest wage payers in league 1.

Because of the contracts they offer Brin, they are in a far stronger position to dictate terms. It really is just good old fashioned business matey.

I,m not sure your source is correct there grumps.

We were chatting to some Sunderland fans at their place and although they have managed to offload their £60k a week players it will take another season or so to get rid of the £30k a week ones and there are still quite a few of those.

I Understand that you're only conveying what you were told

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    I was chatting to a member of RUFC staff the other week (who shall, for obvious reasons, remain anonymous). He said we are circa a top 6 budget club, but are miles behind the top paying in the division.

I was amazed at his response when I told him i assumed Sunderland and Pompey would be the big spenders. He said, "not even close".

Apparently Peterborough, and their cheese ball chairman, are far and away the highest wage payers in league 1.

Because of the contracts they offer Brin, they are in a far stronger position to dictate terms. It really is just good old fashioned business matey.
    Grumps, take your point, however, he is a Chairman that's taking a massive gamble when you look at their gate numbers. They are below us averaging 7,595 a game which is poor if you are talking about what he's paying out in wages. I trust they are within the realms of 60% of revenue obtained etc on what they pay out!

Your point on, 'Because of the contracts they offer Brin, they are in a far stronger position to dictate terms'. I fail to see how these to relate? My point was how can a Non League player command a clause of 2.5 Million, albeit him being there for a few years. Surely he must have signed a contract a couple of years ago so the figures don't add up.

I suppose there are clubs like Charlton who think what the heck let's spend 3 Mill on this player and while ever there ARE clubs like that, clubs like Peterborough can ask silly telephone numbers for their players.

Peterborough turnover in the last accounts was 6.52 million

Portsmouth 12.6 .illion

Oxford 5.5 mill

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Peterborough turnover in the last accounts was 6.52 million
    Cayton, when you say turnover, what profit did they show?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast