+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: Bring on the Hibs!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,690

    Bring on the Hibs!

    At this point in a Championship season, i usually go along the lines of, promotion more important so lets just bow out gracefully and get back on track next week.

    Unusually this season, and it may be the position the team have got us in, but i quite fancy a wee run and see where it takes us. If any of the following are struggling with any injuries, i would not take the chance, and i would keep Robson and Harkes on the sidelines for their own good.

    Benji,
    Smith, Watson, Connolly, Reynolds,
    McMullan, Powers, Butcher, Sporle
    Appere, Shankland.

    I would however be tempted to give C Smith a go to see if he can change minds, and Glass for Butcher if injured still.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    At this point in a Championship season, i usually go along the lines of, promotion more important so lets just bow out gracefully and get back on track next week.

    Unusually this season, and it may be the position the team have got us in, but i quite fancy a wee run and see where it takes us. If any of the following are struggling with any injuries, i would not take the chance, and i would keep Robson and Harkes on the sidelines for their own good.

    Benji,
    Smith, Watson, Connolly, Reynolds,
    McMullan, Powers, Butcher, Sporle
    Appere, Shankland.

    I would however be tempted to give C Smith a go to see if he can change minds, and Glass for Butcher if injured still.
    No to Reynolds at left back please just go with 3 center halfs with wing back or Id have the fear.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by troonarab View Post
    No to Reynolds at left back please just go with 3 center halves with wing back or Id have the fear.
    Or maybe Sporle at a natural left back position (not yet sure tho) :/

    Someone commented on Saturday that in the commentary it was said " Miller goes past Reynolds" and McCall admitted that they were trying to exploit our left hand side of defence.

    If Hibs play anyone with pace and a low centre of gravity on the right wing area, we will have problems. I have no problems with Reynolds in any central position in defence, he's been great. I bet he (even tho he won't openly say it) hates getting exposed stuck out there.

    Interesting choices to be made.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,016
    Most likely to be up against Boyle wherever he plays. Boyle plays on the right of an attacking midfield in a 4231.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,016
    FWIW Freeman played left back for the reserves today. Wardrop on the right. Both played well.

    Hibs have sold out their allocation of 3000 or so.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    208
    Looking forward to it, should be a good yardstick. Reynolds back in the middle, Sporle infront of Freeman possibly if Freeman can play there? Sporle providing a bit of protection. Butch and Power hopefully to stamp abit of authority in the centre. Glass on the right. Appere and Shankland but Robbie may go for Pawlett playing behind Shankland?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    225
    Robbie, Gordon & Lee have a lot to consider.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    572
    Bit early yet but, wonder how the bookies will see this game, Favs?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,394
    Anyone know if there's any chance of Robson being back? Failing that I'd deffo go with Sporle at LB.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    Anyone know if there's any chance of Robson being back? Failing that I'd deffo go with Sporle at LB.
    Dont want anyone who is struggling with injuries to be anywhere near the team! Despite wanting a wee run in this, i would rather they are given the extra week to allow them to recover for the league games.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •