+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Hibs!

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Disappointed with Shankland though. Pub player who can only score against pub teams according to Cobra ��
    His first Dee goalscorer of the decade thread is a thing of beauty though mate,i won £150 on two bets yesterday because i did it with my head not my heart.Its safe to say i was waiting on Motherwell on both lines to collect.
    The problem with Cobra is he despises United so much he keeps betting with his heart,QOTS to beat United,Partick to beat United,the burd running BET 365 must be saying,"Just fill meh handbag king O the snakes!."

Thought we did ok. Defensively we need to get tighter on them. Get away with that kind of defending in championship bt prem teams will punish you with pace and ability. Miss placed and rushed too many passes putting pressure on ourselves time and time again. Bt all in all we are still in the competition and unlike other championship sides we didn’t disgrace ourselves.

My take on game today minus tangerine specs. I thought that Hibs looked sharper, their movement off the ball far better than ours. Better players? possibly, better organised and trained? definitely. Our midfield was second to 80% of the ball today, not a criticism, just looked like it' Pawlett again slowed an awful lot down when we looked like we could break quicker. I know it's impossible but McMullan looked like he gave the ball away more than he had it. Apperre sub was needed and made a difference. Glass should have been on earlier for McMullan.
    Overall delighted to be still in the cup, mon the terrors.

Pawlett and McMullan both struggled, possibly partly due to a lack of recent gametime. A lot of our possession broke down around them. Powers and Butcher could use a few more games together to get used to each other, but that will come. Both did ok (Butcher was very good). With both of them playing together, Harkes didn’t quite fit. He wasn’t playing badly, but there was a general imbalance and needed more creativity going forward. But we showed we could compete at that level, and think we can play better, so tie definitely not over.

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    My take on game today minus tangerine specs. I thought that Hibs looked sharper, their movement off the ball far better than ours. Better players? possibly, better organised and trained? definitely. Our midfield was second to 80% of the ball today, not a criticism, just looked like it' Pawlett again slowed an awful lot down when we looked like we could break quicker. I know it's impossible but McMullan looked like he gave the ball away more than he had it. Apperre sub was needed and made a difference. Glass should have been on earlier for McMullan.
    Overall delighted to be still in the cup, mon the terrors.
    Let's be honest if we'd gone in at ht 2 or 3 down we could have no complaints. But we have spirit, never say die and work rate in abundance, something lacking just a short time ago.
    Plus a confidence that we can score when chances come up.
    We need to be better in our link up play for next season and for me that remains the main concern. We really need more fluidity and hopefully Robbie can build than into the spirit and hard work ethic he's created.

Today was more to do with having 4-5 starters who aren't fully upto speed after missing games IMO

Too many changes from last week, we started Robson, Pawlett, McMullan, Powers and Harkes, all of whom are not fully sharp, was a mistake

We will be better at Easter Road with less expectation, a real free hit yet we have a decent chance

We showed excellent attitude and fight when not playing well and did not let them come and knock us out at our stadium.

Now over to them to see if they can put us out at theirs....

Well i have to say that my op to this thread was tinged with a wee bit of, well can we? Now that its over, i think we damn well nearly did it, and a wee bit more effort we could have done it! Really enjoyed watching that today.

Thought Butcher, Watson, Connolly, Siegrist and Smith were fantastic today, with Robson, Powers, Shankland and Appere doing very well. Pawlett spent too much time out the game for me and not effective or fit enough the rest of the game. Felt sorry for McMullan as i think him being fully fit and sharp tears many of the Hibs back line a new one. Harkes frustrated me as he showed what he is capable of with the Shankland goal pass, but lost to ball too often, along with to many fancy passes and the game simply passing him by!

All of them fully fit and we win that today, but i dont see us winning at Easter Road.

I can see why Hibs have been in such a poor position though, with people like Kamberi wanting to show off his footwork rather than press home an effective attack.

A positive is that we can definitely play better than we did today. That experience today will stand us in good stead for the replay.

Hardly a sniff of a goal-scoring chance, but both Shanks and Appere were clinical with their finishing.

I though Robbie called it right with his tactics and substitutions today. Although, I was a bit concerned when it looked like he was going to throw on Osman Sow - yikes!

But Declan Glass turned out to be a much better shout. Well done Robbie.

Let's hope we can lift our game for the replay at Easter Rd and knock them out on their own patch.

The formation never done us any help to be honest, Dunno what was meant to be going on there. To me Robbie was trying to fit in Powers Butcher and Harkes, we had zero width. Pawlett and McMullen, well less said aboot them the better but hats off to the defence who all played well

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)