+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Hibs!

Bring on the Hibs!

At this point in a Championship season, i usually go along the lines of, promotion more important so lets just bow out gracefully and get back on track next week.

Unusually this season, and it may be the position the team have got us in, but i quite fancy a wee run and see where it takes us. If any of the following are struggling with any injuries, i would not take the chance, and i would keep Robson and Harkes on the sidelines for their own good.

Benji,
    Smith, Watson, Connolly, Reynolds,
    McMullan, Powers, Butcher, Sporle
    Appere, Shankland.

I would however be tempted to give C Smith a go to see if he can change minds, and Glass for Butcher if injured still.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    At this point in a Championship season, i usually go along the lines of, promotion more important so lets just bow out gracefully and get back on track next week.

Unusually this season, and it may be the position the team have got us in, but i quite fancy a wee run and see where it takes us. If any of the following are struggling with any injuries, i would not take the chance, and i would keep Robson and Harkes on the sidelines for their own good.

Benji,
    Smith, Watson, Connolly, Reynolds,
    McMullan, Powers, Butcher, Sporle
    Appere, Shankland.

I would however be tempted to give C Smith a go to see if he can change minds, and Glass for Butcher if injured still.
    No to Reynolds at left back please just go with 3 center half’s with wing back or I’d have the fear.

Quote Originally Posted by troonarab View Post
    No to Reynolds at left back please just go with 3 center halves with wing back or I’d have the fear.
    Or maybe Sporle at a natural left back position (not yet sure tho) :/

Someone commented on Saturday that in the commentary it was said " Miller goes past Reynolds" and McCall admitted that they were trying to exploit our left hand side of defence.

If Hibs play anyone with pace and a low centre of gravity on the right wing area, we will have problems. I have no problems with Reynolds in any central position in defence, he's been great. I bet he (even tho he won't openly say it) hates getting exposed stuck out there.

Interesting choices to be made.

Most likely to be up against Boyle wherever he plays. Boyle plays on the right of an attacking midfield in a 4231.

FWIW Freeman played left back for the reserves today. Wardrop on the right. Both played well.

Hibs have sold out their allocation of 3000 or so.

Looking forward to it, should be a good yardstick. Reynolds back in the middle, Sporle infront of Freeman possibly if Freeman can play there? Sporle providing a bit of protection. Butch and Power hopefully to stamp abit of authority in the centre. Glass on the right. Appere and Shankland but Robbie may go for Pawlett playing behind Shankland?

Robbie, Gordon & Lee have a lot to consider.

Bit early yet but, wonder how the bookies will see this game, Favs?

Anyone know if there's any chance of Robson being back? Failing that I'd deffo go with Sporle at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    Anyone know if there's any chance of Robson being back? Failing that I'd deffo go with Sporle at LB.
    Dont want anyone who is struggling with injuries to be anywhere near the team! Despite wanting a wee run in this, i would rather they are given the extra week to allow them to recover for the league games.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)