+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Struber the Saviour ?

5 wins and 5 draws then.

Let's not forget here them 2 inexperienced lads , have coped pretty well against some of the Championships big hitting forwards , Preston apart , maybe Brentford ? ! We had a different HC then , I'm not knocking DS , loved the blowk , Struber different kettle of fish , seems more determined , particularly at this level , I don't think he would have any sentiments regarding the past , he is here to achieve , anything less he will leave , if this fella isn't backed I would be dissapointed ,
    48 pts maybe enough , i still think we will get 50+
    Last edited by Romared; 15-01-2020 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Let's not forget here them 2 inexperienced lads , have coped pretty well against some of the Championships big hitting forwards , Preston apart , maybe Brentford ? ! We had a different HC then , I'm not knocking DS , loved the blowk , Struber different kettle of fish , seems more determined , particularly at this level , I don't think he would have any sentiments regarding the past , he is here to achieve , anything less he will leave , if this fella isn't backed I would be dissapointed ,
    48 pts maybe enough , i still think we will get 50+
    He definitely needs the greater say in recruitment but then all the previous HC's did and that's why they got frustrated .

One good solid centre half and we could possibly do this with fair wind and free of injuries to key players .

We have this time and time again darn there , we look to be heading somewhere and then a few get sold on and we are back to square one .

The fans are expected to support all the hard days of developing them and just when we start to see a good product on the field it's over in the blink of an eye .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    He definitely needs the greater say in recruitment but then all the previous HC's did and that's why they got frustrated .

One good solid centre half and we could possibly do this with fair wind and free of injuries to key players .

We have this time and time again darn there , we look to be heading somewhere and then a few get sold on and we are back to square one .

The fans are expected to support all the hard days of developing them and just when we start to see a good product on the field it's over in the blink of an eye .
    That's the name of the game - sell owt that's looking any good and keep the mediocrity.

Some fans seem to accept that this policy is good enough. Won't do for me I'm afraid.

A think we will go through the same phases as Huddersfield as regards results/form.

When the Cowley brothers arrived at Huddersfield the fans thought they were the bees knees because the team had a good run of results and appeared to be pulling clear of any relegation problems. After ten games or so the results declined again and some fans are now on their backs. Football fans are fickle.

If Struber continues on his W1 D1 L1 for the remainder of the season the bloke will deserve a knighthood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12