+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fylde vs. Notts - Match Postponed

Bad enough when you turn up for a home game on a Saturday that's called off, but this must be infuriating away on a Tuesday night - especially when we had a very good chance of taking all three points. Let's hope Fylde aren't in form when it's rearranged and that we don't end up with a fixture pile up. Still time for a snow disruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Don't you just love this league. Terrible decision this late on. Most fans be almost there or a fair way into the journey. Come on National League sort your selves out!!
    I can understand the authorities trying to leave it as long as possible as obviously nobody wants a game being postponed. It’s frustrating as we are in good form at the moment as well so the more games we play the more momentum we can build.

However having said that there really does need to be more consideration for the fans, particularly the away fans and where they have to travel from, especially at the level we are playing at as well. In this case 130 miles across the A50 and up the M6 in rush hour is going to take three hours?

To postpone a midweek game two hours before kick off is far too late in the day. I presume the team coach, supporters coaches may have left Nottingham as well?

A more sensible approach would have been to conduct an inspection at 3:30pm or 4pm and checked the forecast. If more rain was forecast then they should have just called it off. If it was going to be dry but the pitch was waterlogged and there was no chance it would drain away in time then call it off.

I really do feel for those fans that decided to travel. Especially on a windy wet January Tuesday night. Let’s hope we can get a win when it’s rearranged for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    To postpone a midweek game two hours before kick off is far too late in the day. I presume the team coach, supporters coaches may have left Nottingham as well?
    Yes the team had already begun pre-match prep at their hotel in Preston

We stayed in Fylde for a bit and had a pint....there was no more rain and the light wind was drying everything out....stupidly over cautious decision made when it was a bad down pour at tea time. No foresight to look at the upcoming conditions. Morecambe game is on and it's worse weather over there right on the coast, Plus their pitch isn't any worse than Fylde's. Stupid. At least I only have to go back to South Manc. Feel for Notts fans who travelled further.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    We stayed in Fylde for a bit and had a pint....there was no more rain and the light wind was drying everything out....stupidly over cautious decision made when it was a bad down pour at tea time. No foresight to look at the upcoming conditions. Morecambe game is on and it's worse weather over there right on the coast, Plus their pitch isn't any worse than Fylde's. Stupid. At least I only have to go back to South Manc. Feel for Notts fans who travelled further.
    I do sympathise with folk who made the journey, however, I do accept that a referee who actually steps foot on to a pitch, does his bit rolling a ball around, checking how the ball bounces etc is in a better position to assess the pitch and the safety of the players. I have played long enough to know that a pitch could look ok to the eye, but once stepped on and players running around etc, soon becomes unplayable.
    We would have soon moaned if the pitch was **** and a player, especially one of ours, broke his leg.
    As I said I do sympathise with those who travelled all that way. But let’s be honest, it was always a risk. After all, Tranmere (whose game is bigger than ours) had there game called off well in advance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12