+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone on the way out

Someone on the way out

Glenn Tamplin who now owns Romford says they are signing a 27 year old Notts first teamer. Now, he makes Hardy look positively shy and talks as much bull but that says he's signing one of two players, Enzio or Shields. My bet is that Shields is on his way out so we are signing another winger I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Glenn Tamplin who now owns Romford says they are signing a 27 year old Notts first teamer. Now, he makes Hardy look positively shy and talks as much bull but that says he's signing one of two players, Enzio or Shields. My bet is that Shields is on his way out so we are signing another winger I'd say
    Not sure how far down the pyramid applies to the rules about players only being allowed to play for 2 clubs from the same country in the same season? Shields has played for Ebbsfleet and us so a move may not be possible if the 2 club rule applies.

We only have 2 27 year olds, can't see Enzio dropping to below this league to be honest, if Romford are semi pro, I'd suspect that rule doesn't apply

Toots? Tyson? (If he meant 37). Can’t really see you else we would offload

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    Toots? Tyson? (If he meant 37). Can’t really see you else we would offload
    Tootle already at Chesterfield (and injured I think?), Tyson maybe but that's relying on him making a typo I'd say. If we look at what's been said, it's between Enzio and Shields as the only 27 year olds in the squad

Is Shields on loan here though ??

Glenn Tamplin, the guy who took Jermaine Pennant to Billericay. For his next trick, Enzio to Romford? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Glenn Tamplin, the guy who took Jermaine Pennant to Billericay. For his next trick, Enzio to Romford? I don't think so.
    Think we can safely say it's Sean Shields. Only 22 miles between Ebbsfleet and Romford and once Booty and O'Brien are back fit, I can't see him getting much game time.

NA also said pre Fylde Shields won't be available to play due to "personal reasons"

Just as a matter of interest, when Cambridge got into the football league in 1969, Romford were a bigger club. They had a futuristic football league standard ground. and expected to go up at some point. Even now Romford seem to live on old expectations. I was tempted to go to Cam City v Romford last Saturday, Romford lost 1-0.

There were some big clubs in the southern league in 1969, it was an excellent league, as it was throughout the 60s. Brentwood, who accompany Romford at the bottom, of the Ishtmian north, were another giant, with a cracking team.
    There was Yeovil, Wimbledon, Chelmsford, Hillingdon, Hereford.....the standard back then was higher than div 2 now. The southern league today is still highly competitive.

Another tragedy is that when County go down to those levels, you will be in the Northern league unfortunately, which even today is kick and rush. If Romford can be where they are, fate will dictate that you will play Belper in the northern premier league quite soon.

Rolph Hobart.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It's Cedric Evina ... alright Glen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast