+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Krystian Bielik.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Odd bedfellows indeed
    Steady!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Wouldn’t disagree with much of that appraisal, MA.
    In an otherwise dismal season the emergence of Lowe, Knight, Bird and possibly Sibley has definitely been a big plus. Not convinced by Whittaker yet but there’s time and we sometimes forget how young Bielik is too.

Don’t know about a ‘charge up the table’ with the current squad but I think we’ll hold our own and have something to build on in the summer.

Much may depend on how content Rooney and one or two other senior players - Davies and Waghorn spring to mind - are to bring the youngsters through in the way you suggest and also how many outgoings (Bogle, Marriott, Lawrence and FloJo seem most likely) need some sort of replacement during the current window.

P.S. MkII, Adi? We’re on at least Mk IV aren’t we? Very sadly they all seem to have a ‘design fault’.
    RA I was expecting a bit more from Whittaker i must admit I've see quite a lot of him and he really hasn't shown what I think he's got He's got great stats for U23&18 played 65 goals 43 assists 20 I know it's not the Championship we will just have to have patience with him

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA I was expecting a bit more from Whittaker i must admit I've see quite a lot of him and he really hasn't shown what I think he's got He's got great stats for U23&18 played 65 goals 43 assists 20 I know it's not the Championship we will just have to have patience with him
    You n me both. Can't complain too much about what's come through so far. Both full backs. Bird. Knight. All doing well. Sibley looking promising in his odd appearance. Whittaker seemingly taking more time to adjust.

JML out on loan and hopefully coming back a lot closer to the 1st tham he is now.
    Jahmal Hector Ingram scoring freely for the Academy.
    Jack Stretton at 18 looks a prospect too.
    Buchanan has the misfortune of having Lowe, Fozzy and Malone ahead of him but he is another decent prospect.
    Brown is another who can make it.
    There are more but those mentioned are the "front runners" so far and all will have to continue developing in order to reach their potential.

Will we end up with MM's dream of an Ajax like conveyor belt of good young talent? I sincerely hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    We are eight points off the play offs, Geoff, with 57 still to play for.
    Prior to Bielik’s season ending injury and with the right signings I don’t think I was alone in harbouring ‘lingering hopes’ of the play offs, however unlikely.

I absolutely see the sense of your last two paragraphs but if we collect another three points on Saturday and somehow end up just five points off sixth (I haven’t checked how the fixtures pan out) will you still be as negative/realistic/pessimistic (delete as appropriate)?

Also have to wonder, when you look at what’s happening to Villa and Norwich this season, do we ever really want to go up to the land of ‘greed and VAR’? Oh to know the secret of Wolves’ and Sheffield Utd’s success.
    No secret about Sheffield Utd's success, rA. The devil looks after his own. Vile club.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)