+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our goal scoring prowess this season

Our goal scoring prowess this season

Just been looking through the games so far and it is good to see no less than 12 different names on the score sheets.

Okay, we've no Toney(15), Walker(14), Madden(13), Eisa(13), Gnaduillet(12), Forss(11) or Norwood (10) but what we do have is the willingness of the team to get involved and amongst the goals. Could we have scored a lot more? Of course we should have but, it applies to all teams doesn't it.

Ladapo - of late has lost his spark so is rightly dropped in favour of Vassell, who is now delivering. Freddie for me though was on a 'purple patch' from Wimbledon(a) 2, Pompey(a) 2, Southend (a) 1 and Fleetwood(h) 1 and then nothing. I do though feel he needs more game time and ball played to his feet if he is to go into double figures and more but, where does Warne fit him in?
    Currently 9 goals.

Crooks - Masterful when his mind his set to it, ala Oxford. Tends to have miss hit shots that could have been better but, still a good contribution from midfield.
    Currently 7 goals.

Smith - Big smudge, a defenders nightmare who gets little or no protection from officials. This surely disrupts his style of play. Some superb headed goals this season. Should have scored a lot more though.
    Currently 6 goals.

The rest:
    on 3, Hastie, Morris (now left), Vassell.
    on 2, Barlaser, Robertson,Wiles,Wood.
    on 1, Ihiekwe, Mattock,

Total 41 with 4 own goals. it's all about consistency and I see no reason why we can't continue to rattle in more than the odd 1-0 win. An interesting February sees us up against Burton, Lincoln, AFC Wimbledon, Accy Stanley, Coventry and the plastic Dons. You'd expect to see double figure goals in our favour from that lot but, it all depends what the opposition throws at us.

My predictions for the season ending from our top scorers so far:

Ladapo - 17 goals
    Crooks - 12
    Smith - 14
    oh and Vassell - 11
    Last edited by CAMiller; 16-01-2020 at 06:23 PM.

What a shame that we couldn't muster up one goal against Rochdale, then go on a goal spree.