+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dunn family - collateral damage?

Ah,I see Sinky,that makes it all right then for the Dunns to get on with their lives if it was taken out of their hands.. I'm sure she could come back on her own accord to face the music if she wanted to.. She couldn't get on that plane quick enough..

The wife of an American spy, runs an English kid over on a bike and kills him in a British country lane. John Le Carre couldn't have dreamt this script up.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Ah,I see Sinky,that makes it all right then for the Dunns to get on with their lives if it was taken out of their hands.. I'm sure she could come back on her own accord to face the music if she wanted to.. She couldn't get on that plane quick enough..
    She did stay to face the music, she stayed at the scene of the accident, talking to the police, she didn't do a runner, but don't be silly Alfie, be realistic, when the US military, the FBI, the CIA, or the President tell you to do something, as a US citizen you do it. Land of the free my arse, these people aren't playing games, for whatever reason they told her to get on that plane, and if she'd refused they'd have put her on it. She did what she was told to do and she'll continue to do what she's told to do, she doesn't have a choice. Whatever is going on she's not in control of her own destiny, she's just a pawn in their game. As it seems are the Dunn family in another game being played over here.

I don't know why I bother anymore.. Nobody does the right thing anymore nowadays..Phook em all.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Well. if my Son had been killed in this way and the perpetrator had fled the country aided by her host nation I would have tried to move heaven and earth to bring her to justice. Some on here would be more sanguine about it apparently.

"The Home Office has applied for extradition, seems like the Yanks won't play along, and no amount of shouting and screaming will make any difference, they have their reasons and they won't budge."

I don't know about the financial position of the Dunn family, do you? But I would be prepared to spend all my spare money on doing this.

"I know nothing about this family, are they wealthy, do they have jobs ? I don't know, but I assume the answer, given the time they have to appear continuously on TV, fly to and stay in the USA, and the extensive and presumably expensive legal representation they have, must be yes and no. If not, then how on earth do they manage to get so much time off work, and who is backing them financially, and even more intriguingly, why."

If the driver had been, say, an Indian (we also have an extradition arrangement with India) and they had acted like the USA, wouldn't you expect our Government to have put pressure on them?

"What on earth has India got to do with anything ? Surely you're not playing the race card yet again are you ? Behave yourself."

But no. The USA are refusing to allow her to face justice and we are simply sucking up to them.

"What do you suggest we do, recall our ambassador and sever diplomatic relations ? Declare war on them ? Leave NATO ? Refuse to open trade talks with them ? Any other even dafter ideas ?"

And yes, it was an accident but it was also dangerous driving which cost a life. Are you saying that anyone who is the victim of dangerous driving should accept it without justice being served and move on?
    I think you would feel very differently if the victim was one of your loved ones.
    What I think 59 is that the family's desire for justice is being manipulated for reasons which I know not. They are like puppets being played and they're being taken advantage of. Long term this burning desire for justice, revenge, vengeance, retribution, whatever you call it, will not be of any help to them. Sometimes in life there is no justice, it seems like this may be one of those times, in which case, sooner or later, you have to accept it and move on, and better sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I don't know why I bother anymore.. Nobody does the right thing anymore nowadays..Phook em all.
    Bloody hell Alfie, me and you have been around a long time, when did they ever ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)