+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    We could sign Messi and some folks wouldna be happy.
    No place for Messi in any of McInnes's teams Messi's far too attack minded.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Yep - can't argue with that. I'm really nae sure what type of player some folk think we should be signing given our place in the grand scheme of things these days?

I've been impressed with the lad when I've seen him. He's fast, direct, takes on his man & is not feart to have a go. Something we are definitely lacking out wide.

Hedges is good in flashes, but a bit of a fanny dancer overall. McGinn is quality, but ageing & lacks pace & McLennan tends to run into folk rather than round them. Wright I wrote off at least a year ago.

Time will tell, but I think he has the potential to be a very good addition & definitely offers something we've been lacking.

He's also told the diets to GTF so bonus points for putting those cuunts in their place too.

Welcome onboard Matty son
    I think he’s a decent player and has done well in a bottom 6 team. Our transfer strategy should involve signing the best players from other Scottish clubs at a point when they are reaching the peak of their careers. His signing fits the bill.

My concern isn’t over him as a player but how McInnes will deploy him. With 6 defensive outfield players in the starting line up, the other 4 should be left to attack - I feel we ask too much of the wide men in terms of defensive duties and it impacts on us going forward.

Our options out wide aren’t great, so he’ll be a good addition - hopefully he’ll get a run of games as McInnes chops and changes wingers far too frequently. McGinn is our only proper winger and he’s not the same player as he was a few years ago. Hedges I don’t think is actually a winger - I’m not sure what his position is but I’ve rarely seen him run down the wing, beat a man and put a cross in. McLennan I think might be better as a centre forward - he usually runs straight into a defender, straight off the pitch or trips over the ball - he reminds me of big Josh sometimes - maybe more effective up front as he’s a decent finisher. Wright is probably not going to make it - I like him but think he’s too lightweight. He’s one of the few players we have with a bit of skill, speed and creativity though so I’d keep him rather than guys like Gallagher, Main etc

I hope Matty Kennedy ****s off out our club soon. ****ing ****.

Based on today the loon really needs to work on his fitness. He looked oot of breath on several occasions.

He needs to get used to the tracking back that McInnes likes his wingers to do. He thinks everyone is Jonny Hayes.

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    Based on today the loon really needs to work on his fitness. He looked oot of breath on several occasions.
    He looks like a downgrade on Ryan Hedges, surprised at his lack of pace.

To be fair has he not been injured?

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    He was breathing out of his hoop after 15 mins today.

Cue “it will be next season before we see the best of Matty” statement from DM

Stuart Cosgrove was saying on OTB on Saturday that he reckons Kennedy's best position is as a 10, off the striker.

He'll have seen mair of him than any of us.......and probably McInnes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Stuart Cosgrove was saying on OTB on Saturday that he reckons Kennedy's best position is as a 10, off the striker.

He'll have seen mair of him than any of us.......and probably McInnes as well.
    My guess is he'll be in and out of the team for the rest of the season, similar to all our other wide players. Hardly ever get a run of games. He'll need to be extra fit playing in our team, because he'll be expected to do about twice the amount of running he ever did before with all the defensive duties he'll have. McInnes will probably try and turn him into a right back or something daft anyway - he likes to try and turn players into something they're not - trying to make Wilson a winger... trying to make Curtis Main a football player etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast