+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leadership

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    In terms of bringing people through the turnstyles, which all previous chairmen would have viewed as a very high priority (if not the number 1 priority), AH was a genius and in that respect showed great leadership. You could say with justification that he was a brilliant leader to begin with but in hindsight he was arguably destined to fail from the outset.
    I guess that depends on what was likely to have happened had we got the decisions v Coventry in the play off SF and gone up. If you believe we would have been able to consolidate in the 3rd tier, then you could say he was unlucky and that one result might have changed everything, but if you think we would have got relegated straight back down again, then we probably would have faced a similar outcome, albeit delayed by a year.
    I think if Notts go up to the 3rd tier it changes everything.

For a start Nolan would have never been sacked, and i think we would have consolidated at that level, before a push to the championship.The extra money for being in higher leagues offsetting the losses. The thing is if you spend what you cant afford , you must get promoted

A similar outcome would then have required 2 relegations to reach the national league

The fact that hardy never strengthened the squad in January 2018 , when the league was for the taking, seemed strange at the time, but we now know why, because there was no money

Then After the fact, wasting money on 3 different managers did not help

Thee is a fine line between success and failure

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    I think if Notts go up to the 3rd tier it changes everything.

For a start Nolan would have never been sacked, and i think we would have consolidated at that level, before a push to the championship.The extra money for being in higher leagues offsetting the losses. The thing is if you spend what you cant afford , you must get promoted

A similar outcome would then have required 2 relegations to reach the national league

The fact that hardy never strengthened the squad in January 2018 , when the league was for the taking, seemed strange at the time, but we now know why, because there was no money

Then After the fact, wasting money on 3 different managers did not help

Thee is a fine line between success and failure
    In the last few years we seem to be a club that is blessed at times with owners with money, who then go on to waste their money and throw all caution to the wind. Our more successful owners in modern times have kept a much tighter rein on the purse strings.

If Hardy's chairmanship was viewed purely on attendances , matchday revenues, promotions and marketing he was a roaring success.

If it was viewed on league status, financials and reputation of the club then he is the worst in our history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123