+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nigel and Craig

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    How many months ago was I screaming that this was the partnership for us, we could have maybe stayed up and not be piddling around in the Championship. Watford are worth a watch nowadays.

Complete breath of fresh air.
    I don’t think Watford are/were relegation material. They got off to a bad start (could happen to most teams), and then took the ludicrous decision to sack Gracia after just four (4!) rounds. Gracia took them to their best PL position ever, and to the FA cup final last season. They then appointed Flores, whom they’ve sacked before, and did so again.

So bad decisions by those in charge and injuries to key players (Deeney among others) explain why they were bottom of the league, imo.

That said, I think they perform as you’d expect them to now.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    I don’t think Watford are/were relegation material. They got off to a bad start (could happen to most teams), and then took the ludicrous decision to sack Gracia after just four (4!) rounds. Gracia took them to their best PL position ever, and to the FA cup final last season. They then appointed Flores, whom they’ve sacked before, and did so again.

So bad decisions by those in charge and injuries to key players (Deeney among others) explain why they were bottom of the league, imo.

I can understand what you are saying SB but when they trashed Bournmouth to jump two places and out of the drop zone that to me was what we could be enjoying, dont think Watford are a better club and their man management leaves something to be desired....(wait for it)....for sure...

You make some good points there. It's one thing for a new manager to go into dressing room of talented footballers and get more out of them quite another to quite another to sustain it over a full season and continue to get the best out of them (think Solskjær as just one example of many similar.) That said they have made a fantastic start and if it helps relegate our neighbours........

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    You make some good points there. It's one thing for a new manager to go into dressing room of talented footballers and get more out of them quite another to quite another to sustain it over a full season and continue to get the best out of them (think Solskjær as just one example of many similar.) That said they have made a fantastic start and if it helps relegate our neighbours........
    Any help welcome... 😎😉

Any help welcome... ����
    There is some help we need.Do you know how to hold a cricket bat?

There is some help we need.Do you know how to hold a cricket bat?
    I haven’t got a clue about cricket, to me, totally inexplicable. They play for days and no one wins... 😎

I haven’t got a clue about cricket, to me, totally inexplicable. They play for days and no one wins... ��
    It's all very straightforward. Starting with the easy stuff here is how to bowl a chinaman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-arm_unorthodox_spin

When you've grasped that we'll move on to the difference between silly mid on and silly mid off, short leg and long leg.

It's all very straightforward. Starting with the easy stuff here is how to bowl a chinaman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-arm_unorthodox_spin

When you've grasped that we'll move on to the difference between silly mid on and silly mid off, short leg and long leg.
    😳😬🤔😴😎

😳😬🤔😴😎
    If you ask nicely he might post you a link to his Googlies....

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    If you ask nicely he might post you a link to his Googlies....
    I’m sooo tempted... 😎😉

”Googlies”!? Plural of Google... 😎
    Last edited by SwedishBaggie; 17-01-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)