+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does Peter Hargreaves support Burnley

Does Peter Hargreaves support Burnley

I hope he does.

I don't want any foreign owners of the Club but I wouldn't mind somebody from Clitheroe getting involved.

There are not many living billionaires,probably not many dead either,who come from the town but he does.A product of Clitheroe Grammar school.

He started Hargreaves Lansdown but has retired now,but he still owns 32% of the business which has a valuation nearing £9 billion.

I think his partner was or still is Chairman of Bristol City.

Worth inviting him to a game? He couldn't possibly support that other Club down the road surely.

He will probably be a drinking buddy of Sinkov in the Ribble Valley..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Talking of which, me and Outwood are off to meet sinkov on Saturday to catch a Clitheroe game. I'm promised a pie and a pint, but we'll see!

Attachment 14781

.....and of course we will see photos??

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    .....and of course we will see photos??
    Well,I hope Sinky has the foresight to call in at Cissy Greens first to collect the pies.. Best pies in the Ribble Valley..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Talking of which, me and Outwood are off to meet sinkov on Saturday to catch a Clitheroe game. I'm promised a pie and a pint, but we'll see!

Attachment 14781
    FFS, I'm not a politician BT, if my manifesto says a pie and a pint, then a pie and a pint is what you'll get.

Well,I hope Sinky has the foresight to call in at Cissy Greens first to collect the pies.. Best pies in the Ribble Valley..
    Not sure where the club gets it's pies from Alfie, but the Butter Pie is to die for.

Reminds me of when I went to a game at Warrington a few years ago, I had a pie at half-time, one of the best tasting pies I've ever had. I went back in and asked if they sourced their pies locally, intending to nip in and buy some on the way home if I could. Yes we get them locally the lady said, just down the main road on the left. What's it called, I asked, Morrisons, she said. Ah well, but it was a bloody good pie.

Don't know the guy, but if he comes from Clitheroe he'll likely as not be a Blackburn fan, I'm an endangered species over here.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)