+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oh Well

Oh Well

It looks like we are to miss out on any of our targets, what a surprise. Cannot even get a player on loan (Conor Gallagher) a chance missed again. If we were to buy only one player it would be Jarrod Bowen imho he is class. We could even trade say Gibson for him and pay a little more than 8/10m. Fans seem to be getting restless at the clubs behaviour to the transfer scene. Not sure how the fans should react. I don't want to boycott games or even turn my back on the lads that are trying their best but we need to be able to do something so come you people lets have some ideas.

I have never heard of a leopard changing its spots have you Lancaster?

Wells, Vydra and Gibson all want to move. We want to ship Hart. Our strike force is either ill or knacked and what is Rigg doing? The square root of phook all!

I've more life in my little finger than our recruitment team have as a collective. It's shocking.

I'm tending to agree with BT on this subject.

Where does the problem lie:-
    1.Have to be in the right age range?
    2.Have to be in the right price range?
    3.Manager,recruitment team & Board all have to agree?
    4.What are our priorities?

Whatever it is we cocked it up with Gibson,Vydra,Wells and one or two others.Do we actually have any Scouts?

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post

Whatever it is we cocked it up with Gibson,Vydra,Wells and one or two others.Do we actually have any Scouts?
    Of course we have...

Attachment 14783

Do we actually have any Scouts?
    Last week at Clitheroe there were THREE of our coaching staff watching 16yo Finlay Armstrong playing against Tadcaster Albion. Is it possible the club has it's priorities wrong ?

I’m kind off in agreement Barrie but I think maybe we’re being a little unfair to these players I mean they haven’t had a chance imo anyway.

My next question then is who bought them and why ? And with that in mind if the manager thinks they aren’t right and won’t play why are they still on our books.

People do get things wrong but to sit on them and never give them a chance is criminal.

If you analyse it Wells is a channels player and sniffer and so is Vydra , so if we aren’t going to play anything but long ball why buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    My next question then is who bought them and why ? And with that in mind if the manager thinks they aren’t right and won’t play why are they still on our books.

teams, are regulated by people - Army....and just like people, are obsessed with maintaining control.....containment of others expansion - surreptitious alliances - collaboration, Isolation, restriction etc etc - Sad it is, but then, this is an egocentric Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

teams, are regulated by people - Army....and just like people, are obsessed with maintaining control.....containment of others expansion - surreptitious alliances - collaboration, Isolation, restriction etc etc - Sad it is, but then, this is an egocentric Game.

Just think it’s criminal that you me and everyone who sits around me can see what’s happening and needed and like you say we stubbornly soldier on.

I have a feeling a few who I speak to regularly won’t renew season tickets just based on what we’re watching.

It’s poor.

Psychiatrists have a name for this type of collective behaviour, it's called a "Death Wish".

Attachment 14793

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)