+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Oh Well

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    401

    Oh Well

    It looks like we are to miss out on any of our targets, what a surprise. Cannot even get a player on loan (Conor Gallagher) a chance missed again. If we were to buy only one player it would be Jarrod Bowen imho he is class. We could even trade say Gibson for him and pay a little more than 8/10m. Fans seem to be getting restless at the clubs behaviour to the transfer scene. Not sure how the fans should react. I don't want to boycott games or even turn my back on the lads that are trying their best but we need to be able to do something so come you people lets have some ideas.

  2. #2
    I have never heard of a leopard changing its spots have you Lancaster?

    Wells, Vydra and Gibson all want to move. We want to ship Hart. Our strike force is either ill or knacked and what is Rigg doing? The square root of phook all!

    I've more life in my little finger than our recruitment team have as a collective. It's shocking.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34,280
    I'm tending to agree with BT on this subject.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    801
    Where does the problem lie:-
    1.Have to be in the right age range?
    2.Have to be in the right price range?
    3.Manager,recruitment team & Board all have to agree?
    4.What are our priorities?

    Whatever it is we cocked it up with Gibson,Vydra,Wells and one or two others.Do we actually have any Scouts?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Where does the problem lie:-
    1.Have to be in the right age range?
    2.Have to be in the right price range?
    3.Manager,recruitment team & Board all have to agree?
    4.What are our priorities?

    Whatever it is we cocked it up with Gibson,Vydra,Wells and one or two others.Do we actually have any Scouts?
    Of course we have...

    Name:  Our Scouts.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  8.4 KB

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Do we actually have any Scouts?
    Last week at Clitheroe there were THREE of our coaching staff watching 16yo Finlay Armstrong playing against Tadcaster Albion. Is it possible the club has it's priorities wrong ?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Where does the problem lie:-
    1.Have to be in the right age range?
    2.Have to be in the right price range?
    3.Manager,recruitment team & Board all have to agree?
    4.What are our priorities?

    Whatever it is we cocked it up with Gibson,Vydra,Wells and one or two others.Do we actually have any Scouts?
    Iím kind off in agreement Barrie but I think maybe weíre being a little unfair to these players I mean they havenít had a chance imo anyway.

    My next question then is who bought them and why ? And with that in mind if the manager thinks they arenít right and wonít play why are they still on our books.

    People do get things wrong but to sit on them and never give them a chance is criminal.

    If you analyse it Wells is a channels player and sniffer and so is Vydra , so if we arenít going to play anything but long ball why buy them.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,826
    .

    Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    My next question then is who bought them and why ? And with that in mind if the manager thinks they aren’t right and won’t play why are they still on our books.

    teams, are regulated by people - Army....and just like people, are obsessed with maintaining control.....containment of others expansion - surreptitious alliances - collaboration, Isolation, restriction etc etc - Sad it is, but then, this is an egocentric Game.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    .




    teams, are regulated by people - Army....and just like people, are obsessed with maintaining control.....containment of others expansion - surreptitious alliances - collaboration, Isolation, restriction etc etc - Sad it is, but then, this is an egocentric Game.


    Just think itís criminal that you me and everyone who sits around me can see whatís happening and needed and like you say we stubbornly soldier on.

    I have a feeling a few who I speak to regularly wonít renew season tickets just based on what weíre watching.

    Itís poor.

  10. #10
    Psychiatrists have a name for this type of collective behaviour, it's called a "Death Wish".

    Name:  The Boardroom..jpg
Views: 213
Size:  24.9 KB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •