+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Fitzsimons

Ross Fitzsimons

Gone to chesterfield on loan rest of season there is a recall in case of injuries
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-01-2020 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Fixed typo in player's surname

Hopefully 1 out means 1 in to freshen things up

Wasn't long ago there was odd call for him to come back in as our No1.

Great move this IMO, Slocombe has been very impressive of late and is having a very good season overall

Yep good move for both teams. He's 6 years younger than Slocombe too, so it's not impossible to think he'll improve and one day come back as our number one.

I thought Ross Fitzsimons copped too much of the flak for our defensive woes last season, when the players in front of him could have offered a lot more protection. For me he's a very good reserve 'keeoer and probably better than many first choice 'keepers at this level, which presumably is why Chesterfield want him. At 25 he's still young enough to have his best years ahead of him, and I wouldn't mind if that was with us. Hopefully this loan spell helps him develop further, whether it's with a view to finding a job elsewhere or coming back to Meadow Lane to provide good competition in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Hopefully 1 out means 1 in to freshen things up
    Not sure it will mean that. Kean is adequate short term cover until Fitz is recalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Not sure it will mean that. Kean is adequate short term cover until Fitz is recalled.
    I meant a player in, not necessarily a keeper

I think Ross will always divide opinions on here as someone said recently it seems letting in 2 goals a game is written into his contact, I made my mind up pre-season 2018 after about 4 minutes against Derby County.

Think he needs to be getting game time and not sure he is in Ardleys long term plans so a sensible move for all parties really.

I think he's crap and always did, even when he first came in for Adam Collin I was counting the days till Collin got back in the side and so was Nolan, hence him putting him straight back in probably before he was fully fit. He's awful coming off his line, not helped much by his size but Slocombe doesn't struggle nearly as much as he did to be fair.

You can blame the defenders in front of him for some of it but I tend to think usually it's the other way around, the defence need to be confident in their keeper and when they had Adam Collin behind them, like him or not, we had one of the strongest defences in League 2 and made the playoffs, without him we were relegated and teams tried to cross the ball into our box as much as physically possible, putting more pressure on the full backs to try and block crosses and more pressure on the centre backs to try and head them away.

Ignoring all of that, most Chesterfield fans seem to think he's going there to be their backup and sit on their bench instead of sitting in the stands for us.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast