+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dons V Dumbarton

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Maybe could be doing with a loan spell in the championship?
    He had one with Dunfermline last season.
    I think that’s his level.
    Thinking the same of Connor McLennan although I get the feeling he’s maybe more suited to be a striker as opposed to a winger that runs down cul-de-sacs

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    He had one with Dunfermline last season.
    I think that’s his level.
    Thinking the same of Connor McLennan although I get the feeling he’s maybe more suited to be a striker as opposed to a winger that runs down cul-de-sacs
    I would give him more of a chance as he has only played 27 games,4 of them starts.

Cammy Smith played 89 games,25 of them were starts and apparently he never got a chance so I would give Anderson more opportunities.

Wilson and Main, just think about that for a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I would give him more of a chance as he has only played 27 games,4 of them starts.

Cammy Smith played 89 games,25 of them were starts and apparently he never got a chance so I would give Anderson more opportunities.
    What better opportunity than today though?
    Missed two sitters too.
    I’d play him before Main but I’d pick myself before Main.
    The trouble is, we rarely play two up front & he’ll never be a lone striker either.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    What better opportunity than today though?
    Missed two sitters too.
    I’d play him before Main but I’d pick myself before Main.
    The trouble is, we rarely play two up front & he’ll never be a lone striker either.
    At least he got into the positions to miss those sitters

bit of a disappointing one today. Looked like things worked well with the Merkland stand initiative but the support didn’t seem to spark much on the park.

Defence relatively untroubled although I though McKenna looked a bit lacklustre at times.

Midfield was tidy enough, Ojo and McGeouch can both keep the ball well. McGeouch did well at winning the ball back too and also played some decent forward balls. He will be reliant on players ahead of him making intelligent runs and having a bit more movement though.

Out wide I thought McGinn played fairly well. McLennan just the usual, a couple of good runs which seem to be more by luck than design, but other than that fairly ineffective. Hedges when he came on just the usual - never takes a man on and never puts in a cross... just drops deep, plays a few short passes, cuts infield and doesn’t do much of note.

Up front - Cosgrove was pretty quiet. I actually thought Anderson’s general play was pretty good. He’s got a good touch and his hold up play for a wee lad is pretty good. I thought he made good runs and he always seemed to be in the right place when the ball came into the box. A couple of his efforts were well saved but he should have done better with a few others. Maybe just an off day regarding finishing - needs a few more games before we can make a judgement on him. Much better than Main anyway. Wilson is still baffling me... we keep bringing on Gallagher ahead of him. I know that neither has done much of note this season but Wilson has more potential and yet gets less opportunity it seems.

All in all pretty underwhelming stuff yet again. But we’re through.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    bit of a disappointing one today. Looked like things worked well with the Merkland stand initiative but the support didn’t seem to spark much on the park.

Defence relatively untroubled although I though McKenna looked a bit lacklustre at times.

Midfield was tidy enough, Ojo and McGeouch can both keep the ball well. McGeouch did well at winning the ball back too and also played some decent forward balls. He will be reliant on players ahead of him making intelligent runs and having a bit more movement though.

Out wide I thought McGinn played fairly well. McLennan just the usual, a couple of good runs which seem to be more by luck than design, but other than that fairly ineffective. Hedges when he came on just the usual - never takes a man on and never puts in a cross... just drops deep, plays a few short passes, cuts infield and doesn’t do much of note.

Up front - Cosgrove was pretty quiet. I actually thought Anderson’s general play was pretty good. He’s got a good touch and his hold up play for a wee lad is pretty good. I thought he made good runs and he always seemed to be in the right place when the ball came into the box. A couple of his efforts were well saved but he should have done better with a few others. Maybe just an off day regarding finishing - needs a few more games before we can make a judgement on him. Much better than Main anyway. Wilson is still baffling me... we keep bringing on Gallagher ahead of him. I know that neither has done much of note this season but Wilson has more potential and yet gets less opportunity it seems.

All in all pretty underwhelming stuff yet again. But we’re through.
    Agree with pretty much all of that. Boring game to watch due to Dumbarton sitting deep pretty much the whole game, but as you say, we're through. All that matters in the cup. Now on to a much trickier opponent in Motherwell Wednesday.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345