+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County CHARGED by the EFL.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Sheff Wed have said the exact same thing. EFL kept up to speed all the way through their ground sale as well. EFL signed off on everything, now they are incestigating SW.

If this does blow up in the EFLs face then I see Premier League divisions 1,2 and 3 (or similar names) happening sooner than later and the EFL will start with the Conference if they are lucky.

They won't be able to shaft DCFC (they've done us before) or you ever again.
    Incestigating.. Arfs.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    On here yeah! But I believe an official club statement

If you think the valuers were a company owned by Mel and not independant then tell us who they were, I don't think Mel is stupid enough to use his own company do you?
    Mel, stupid? Of course not. Lol.

Anyone seen my binoculars? Trying to see that League 1 stadium that cost £80 million.

I don't think I've ever read anywhere who the valuers were, would you like to share the name of them so we can see if Mel owns them then?

Other than that read the friggin statement, its all in there. DCFC state they were transparent all the way through the process, do you not think the EFL would notice that the valuers were owned by Mel, do you think they'd not query why the ground was valued at 80m when on the books at 41m

Can't believe how thick some of you can be...........READ THE STATEMENT!
    Of course Derby are going to say they were transparent and did nothing wrong, they are hardly going to admit to it and hang themselves.

Why would the EFL need to check the directorship of the independent valuers, they shouldn't have to, all the need to know is they are correctly registered etc. However now that Middleborough are bringing up their own case I am sure the EFL are being more diligent and trying to close off any gaps.

As for me knowing who the valuers are, doesn't matter. It's in the media in particular the good old BBC, the same way you referenced the media when going on about spygate and making up stuff.

Truthfully if Derby were 100% sure they were innocent, they would be sitting tight and keeping quiet. Instead they look like they are trying to scare off the EFL, would make you think they have something to hide.

IF Derby have done nothing wrong why charge them?

Summat stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

Summat stinks.

Of course they’ve done nowt wrong mate....it is durby after all Anyway I’m sure our mates down at the EFL nerve centre are right this moment thinking some kind of rule where they can get em

Nothing short of a points deduction and they have to take take the granny grabber on for another season ....

.....and pay the security for ‘that’ couple!.....we do not want them!

On here yeah! But I believe an official club statement

If you think the valuers were a company owned by Mel and not independant then tell us who they were, I don't think Mel is stupid enough to use his own company do you?
    If you think the club would use a company that wasn't influenced by the prospect of future business (or past business/personal dealings), then it's not Mel who looks stupid.

If we win this it will make a mockery of the EFL and a not fit for purpose organisation
    Now on THAT I think we can all agree.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Now on THAT I think we can all agree.
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Incestigating.. Arfs.
    One of my better typos that alf. I hadn't spotted it and, if I had, it's probably one I wouldn't change

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

Summat stinks.
    Bit like Spygate last year, hey Rev?

They decided that the spying broke the new protocols agreed on before the start of last season.

This year the EFL has decided to charge Derby despite DCFC having all the correspondence where the EFL gave the green light on both the stadium sale and the manner in which player amortisation was done. The EFL now says they made a mistake and it is because of Derby doing things in a way the EFL sanctioned that they stayed within FFP. There is a growing thought that the EFL has taken this action because of the Boro Court case. Boro are after something like £100M from them. If they find DCFC guilty and fine them a couple of million and deduct 12 points, Boro's case is greatly weakened. That is quite possibly the answer to your question as to why they might charge Derby despite them only having done what the EFL said they could. It's like if you were walking down the street and you saw a policeman being attacked by 4 ManU fans, you ask the copper if he needs any assistance, he says yes, you chin 3 of them and the copper takes the 4th one out, he then proceeds to charge you with assault....... Not exactly the same circumstances but you get my drift.

IMO - If Derby get found not guilty........
    1. Boro go ahead with their £100M claim.
    2. DCFC also starts proceedings against the EFL for an awful lot of money
    3. Sheff Wed and Villa too
    4. ...... anybody I've missed out?

Who knows, knowing the EFL history with Leeds, they are bound to find a way to implicate you as well

We may well be seeing the beginning of the end of the EFL and the dawn of Premier League 2, 3 and 4 and possibly further down the footballing pyramid as well and I don't think Leeds fans would shed any tears at that thought.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)