+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So about Mel Morris then

What makes me laugh is that you started this thread with yet another attack on MM...calling him a ‘charlatan’ and then, when MA and others point out a few facts to you, you do a complete about turn and become all self righteous about other clubs’ fans trying to take the ‘high moral ground’.

Oh the irony.

Having said that...I do agree with you about the need for a proper salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    What makes me laugh is that you started this thread with yet another attack on MM...calling him a ‘charlatan’ and then, when MA and others point out a few facts to you, you do a complete about turn and become all self righteous about other clubs’ fans trying to take the ‘high moral ground’.

Oh the irony.

Having said that...I do agree with you about the need for a proper salary cap.
    MA my take on is they will/ have got us on something They have a £100million claim from Boro and will be open to other clubs making claims if they don't punish us . This is wages that has got in this state .. Players like Martin and Anya , Johnson Butterfield etc for ludicrous contracts they were determined to see out and were not bothered whether they played or not But obviously you can't blame them not like they were just starting their careers There are a few at the FL headquarters (especially Rick Parry ) who would really like to get one over MM who his involvement in the TV money and parachute argument Hope I'm wrong but for a feeling this is going to go wrong for us badly

I just want it sorting early.
    Taking a big points deduction soon this season would give us a relegation avoiding target and something to play for this season.
    To start 2020/21 season with a minus points position would be much more painful knowing auto promotion form would unlikely make the playoffs.
    And in the most unlikely situation of a late push by us this season and fluking winning the playoffs..... what then?

Perhaps we should ask VAR to review the accounting decisions that were made by Mel and the CFO. They may have been fractionally offside in some of the options taken!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Perhaps we should ask VAR to review the accounting decisions that were made by Mel and the CFO. They may have been fractionally offside in some of the options taken!
    Nah Stockley Park would clear us ,no case to answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_the_Ram View Post
    I just want it sorting early.
    Taking a big points deduction soon this season would give us a relegation avoiding target and something to play for this season.
    To start 2020/21 season with a minus points position would be much more painful knowing auto promotion form would unlikely make the playoffs.
    And in the most unlikely situation of a late push by us this season and fluking winning the playoffs..... what then?
    Given the way these legal cases can run and run, QPR's took 4 years then I'd not be worrying about this season!

I would think mel's able to afford a very good legal team and if the club statement is true then this will be long and complicated.

Imagine. You are walking down the street and you see 4 F*r*st fans attacking a police officer. You ask the officer if he wants assistance. He says yes so you chin 3 of them and the officer the 4th. The officer then arrests you for assault.......

That is what the EFL is doing with DCFC.

Agree about MM’s ability to put together an excellent legal team, Swale...but Rob’s point is a good one.

It’s approaching six years since an under suspicion QPR sneaked past us at Wembley and since then what’s happened?
    They came straight back down, have had a succession of managerial changes, flirted with relegation and floated around the middle/lower reaches of the Championship ever since.

Not the greatest of adverts for being at odds with the EFL or the target of various financial ‘wrongdoing’ claims and not what any of us would want the foreseeable future of DCFC to be living with. It needs sorting...and sooner rather than later imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agree about MM’s ability to put together an excellent legal team, Swale...but Rob’s point is a good one.

It’s approaching six years since an under suspicion QPR sneaked past us at Wembley and since then what’s happened?
    They came straight back down, have had a succession of managerial changes, flirted with relegation and floated around the middle/lower reaches of the Championship ever since.

Not the greatest of adverts for being at odds with the EFL or the target of various financial ‘wrongdoing’ claims and not what any of us would want the foreseeable future of DCFC to be living with. It needs sorting...and sooner rather than later imo.
    Your right RA needs sorting ASAP Not sure about MMs legal team let's hope theve got it right , they didn't with Mr Rush. QPR and Bournemouth were different to what we have allegedly done theirs were straight forward FFP overspending Ours is player amortization , but according to the club theve being doing it for five years and nobody has questioned it . Somebody must have signed the accounts off in that time Not sure how that will work out . Our problems may get worse if they give us a transfer ban while the investigation is ongoing We have players out of contract in June and players in loan returning to their clubs ,would leave us exposed next season Bet Cocu and Rooney wonder where they have come to

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Your right RA needs sorting ASAP Not sure about MMs legal team let's hope theve got it right , they didn't with Mr Rush. QPR and Bournemouth were different to what we have allegedly done theirs were straight forward FFP overspending Ours is player amortization , but according to the club theve being doing it for five years and nobody has questioned it . Somebody must have signed the accounts off in that time Not sure how that will work out . Our problems may get worse if they give us a transfer ban while the investigation is ongoing We have players out of contract in June and players in loan returning to their clubs ,would leave us exposed next season Bet Cocu and Rooney wonder where they have come to
    Here is what the club had to say on player amortisation......

With regard to the Club’s player amortisation policy, this has been a long-term accounting policy and was again reported transparently to the EFL Executive as part of the Club’s submissions and these were again approved and signed off in writing.

........ That tells me that the EFL have decided, unilaterally, to start looking differently at player amortisation. How can the "Derby way" of doing it be fine and dandy 5 years on the trot and then, all of a sudden, reason to bring charges in year 6 when the EFL rules governing amortisation haven't changed?

Looks fine to me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)