+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So about Mel Morris then

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Your right RA needs sorting ASAP Not sure about MMs legal team let's hope theve got it right , they didn't with Mr Rush. QPR and Bournemouth were different to what we have allegedly done theirs were straight forward FFP overspending Ours is player amortization , but according to the club theve being doing it for five years and nobody has questioned it . Somebody must have signed the accounts off in that time Not sure how that will work out . Our problems may get worse if they give us a transfer ban while the investigation is ongoing We have players out of contract in June and players in loan returning to their clubs ,would leave us exposed next season Bet Cocu and Rooney wonder where they have come to
    Given that it appears to be ‘open season’ on the Rams at the moment you have to hope that MM’s legal team will be getting their act together this time, mista.
    Tbf none of us really know all the ins and outs as regards Rush and nobody seemed to emerge victorious, but with battles with the EFL over amortization - new one on me - of players, the ‘sale’ of PP and Richard Keogh’s contract termination all imminent - not to mention the Rooney/betting thing - someone’s going to be busy.
    Not sure Mel Morris could ever have imagined that running his favourite football club would ever have involved all this nonsense.

Don't be so glum rA. I would hope DCFC can be believed when they make a public statement. That would mean:

1. No issue with the sale of PP as the EFL have been kept up to speed all the way down the line and they approved the deal. They approved the amount. They can't unilaterally move the goal posts.

2. Player amortisation. The club says it has been in communication with the EFL for 5 seasons on the way they handle amortisation and the EFL has always signed off on it. No rule changes so, if it was OK in the previous 5 seasons...... logic demands it be OK in the 6th.

3. Keogh. I'm less sure of this being a win as the club has only said they are justified in their actions. No news has been published saying what action it was that breached which clause(s)

Whatever happens, let it be quick or we'll be hearing it on every TV programme covering the EFL, every radio station, every newspaper, every DCFC internet forum, from the stands by opposition supporters......... Win, lose or draw let's get all these various "gates" done.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Don't be so glum rA. I would hope DCFC can be believed when they make a public statement. That would mean:

1. No issue with the sale of PP as the EFL have been kept up to speed all the way down the line and they approved the deal. They approved the amount. They can't unilaterally move the goal posts.

2. Player amortisation. The club says it has been in communication with the EFL for 5 seasons on the way they handle amortisation and the EFL has always signed off on it. No rule changes so, if it was OK in the previous 5 seasons...... logic demands it be OK in the 6th.

3. Keogh. I'm less sure of this being a win as the club has only said they are justified in their actions. No news has been published saying what action it was that breached which clause(s)

Whatever happens, let it be quick or we'll be hearing it on every TV programme covering the EFL, every radio station, every newspaper, every DCFC internet forum, from the stands by opposition supporters......... Win, lose or draw let's get all these various "gates" done.
    Not really ‘glum’, MA. It really does feel like ‘open season’ as soon as people find out who you support though. Even got some stick from a Blackburn fan yesterday. Never met the silly sod before...probably never again either!

I agree with everything you’ve said above but that’s just us isn’t it? We’re hardly either very well informed or unbiased.

Your last paragraph is just what I’ve been saying and what Rob initially suggested. Not sure how much all the uncertainty is responsible for our apparent inability to do any business as the window enters its final quarter but I suspect the two things are not unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not really ‘glum’, MA. It really does feel like ‘open season’ as soon as people find out who you support though. Even got some stick from a Blackburn fan yesterday. Never met the silly sod before...probably never again either!

I agree with everything you’ve said above but that’s just us isn’t it? We’re hardly either very well informed or unbiased.

Your last paragraph is just what I’ve been saying and what Rob initially suggested. Not sure how much all the uncertainty is responsible for our apparent inability to do any business as the window enters its final quarter but I suspect the two things are not unrelated.
    MA Hope you stand any shxt from a Blackburn fan they are £162million in debt and still spending , just have better accountants than us

MA Hope you stand any shxt from a Blackburn fan they are £162million in debt and still spending , just have better accountants than us
    It was RA, not MA, and just banter really. I’d just rather ‘enjoy’ football banter about players and points etc rather than how DCFC conduct themselves which seems to have taken centre stage since last September.
    Mind you, if it pisses me off...imagine what it’s doing to MM!

It was RA, not MA, and just banter really. I’d just rather ‘enjoy’ football banter about players and points etc rather than how DCFC conduct themselves which seems to have taken centre stage since last September.
    Mind you, if it pisses me off...imagine what it’s doing to MM!
    Sorry about that RA. Yes you wonder everyday what next , we always seem to find away to balls everything up . It's been one thing after another ,total write off a season . Don't think the future looks much brighter neither . Can only see transfer ban and points deduction coming out way . I was told last night the club have been advised not to buy anyone because that could add even more to total we are alleged to be over ffp Also the points deduction works for every 1£million over ,then one point taken of you up to a maximum 21 points ouch ! Well see what tonight brings and what sort of team we put out , but banana 🍌 skin if we're not right Very physical side are the Cobblers

Sorry about that RA. Yes you wonder everyday what next , we always seem to find away to balls everything up . It's been one thing after another ,total write off a season . Don't think the future looks much brighter neither . Can only see transfer ban and points deduction coming out way . I was told last night the club have been advised not to buy anyone because that could add even more to total we are alleged to be over ffp Also the points deduction works for every 1£million over ,then one point taken of you up to a maximum 21 points ouch ! Well see what tonight brings and what sort of team we put out , but banana �� skin if we're not right Very physical side are the Cobblers
    Well that’s brightened my day.

Think I’ll stick to the cricket.

Well that’s brightened my day.

Think I’ll stick to the cricket.
    I would pick Samaritans before cricket can't imagine I will ever that depressed I would turn to cricket My neighbour is on the committee at Derbyshire CC. He persuaded me to go to the 20-20 blast against Notts two seasons ago,my first pro cricket match It was ok a bit weird all that music when somebody scored a run .

t20 is not proper cricket Mista, its razzamatazz, so to speak. The skills are not the same, either batting or bowling and its aimed at today's youth who have the same attention span as a gnat.

Which is not to say that its not an enjoyable way to spend an evening over a few drinks as long as you wear ear protectors! Its also helped improve skills such as fielding, but they really need to think of a new name for it, as it isnt a sport Sir Geoffrey would approve of

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    t20 is not proper cricket Mista, its razzamatazz, so to speak. The skills are not the same, either batting or bowling and its aimed at today's youth who have the same attention span as a gnat.

Which is not to say that its not an enjoyable way to spend an evening over a few drinks as long as you wear ear protectors! Its also helped improve skills such as fielding, but they really need to think of a new name for it, as it isnt a sport Sir Geoffrey would approve
    of
    What has the Attorney General got to do with cricket ,thought he was a barrister

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)