+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee and Conway trying to buy their third club ...

Love the “second Class Barnsley” bit

The sooner they leave the betta , i've never felt more disconnected from my club as i do now ,

KV Oostende and Pacific Media Group have agreed on takeover, Dierckens remains chairman
    KV Oostende and Pacific Media Group (PMG) have reached an agreement on the acquisition of the club. PMG is an American investment company that buys up football clubs and works intensively with data. Frank Dierckens will remain on board as chairman.

ODBS 15 February 2020 10:46
    A month ago there was already a principle agreement between KVO and PMG to work together. The deal was then 95 percent complete, but the necessary commas and dots still had to be placed. That has meanwhile happened, let the coastal team know, and so KVO can submit a complete file to the license committee on Monday.

"A takeover involves a lot of administrative matters and that is why we were only able to communicate once everything was 100 percent complete", explains chairman Frank Dierckens. “That is the case and now we can fully focus on the future. The new structure will soon be drawn and communicated. It is certain that I will remain chairman. I am happy to be able to ensure local anchoring in this way, and in that position I will focus primarily on extra-sporting, operational policy. In the meantime, I am already busy with that. We look internally where we can make further adjustments and the general cost structure is intended to decrease considerably. KVO deserves a healthy tailor-made policy without megalomaniac decisions. "

"In the meantime, we have already started a substantial curtailment of that cost structure," adds Financial Advisor Thorsten Theys. “The figures that were published in the financial statements relate to the period up to and including 30 June 2019. These figures are obviously not good and have only made the need for restructuring more clear. We now know where we are and we know where we want to go. The operational break-even point forms the basis for every football club in contemporary times. The objective is to reach this break-even point on 30 June 2021. We are already seeing on 31 December 2019, based on audited figures, that we are on the right track. We are therefore confident that our license file, which will be submitted on Monday, will receive the green light. The people at PMG have followed our efforts very closely and are now giving us confidence in the long term. The future for KVO again looks bright and, moreover, local anchoring was assured. "

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Summat's not reyt.

OGC Nice sold, now own Barnsley FC, FC Thun, KV Oostende, in fo Troyes and maybe others.

Tha'd think they would focus on our heroic relegation fight.

Go Barnsley !
    As long as they sell us to someone interested in football I don't give a feck. I'm not renewing any rooard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12