+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phil hay

Phil hay

I know he's been reporting on leeds for years but in all honesty he's getting on my nerves, "reliable journalist" my backside, Che Adams...no, Andre gray...no, where does he get his rubbish from, he's about as reliable as bamford hitting us a hat trick on Saturday.

no slam on him but he's got a great gig and he's paid to toe the corporate line. He's going to say whatever he's told to say.

Since he moved to the Athletic, it seems more clickbait than anything substantial

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I know he's been reporting on leeds for years but in all honesty he's getting on my nerves, "reliable journalist" my backside, Che Adams...no, Andre gray...no, where does he get his rubbish from, he's about as reliable as bamford hitting us a hat trick on Saturday.
    Never mind a hat trick, I'd be happy with a goal or an assist.

Well he isn't wrong so far though is he......?

Loads of rumour's but nothing happening..think that just about sums up a Leeds United January transfer window..past and present!

Why the f ck would we allow Jack Clarke to leave back to his parent club and then join a fellow promotion hopeful and then have to find a replacement in January?

There's something wrong with a situation where a homegrown lad like that who was promising enough for a top PL club to buy him in the summer couldn't get in the team this year, even as a late sub like last year. Just no logic there at all.

I know this is old ground, but it riles me to think we're scrabbling around looking for players. If Clarke plays tomorrow you have to ask why he hasn't had a chance to play this year. Same goes for BPF last year. Better keeper than the current clown and whilst he should have acted differently at the time maybe, when he was annoyed, he certainly had a point about losing his place to him which has been proven since.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Why the f ck would we allow Jack Clarke to leave back to his parent club and then join a fellow promotion hopeful and then have to find a replacement in January?

There's something wrong with a situation where a homegrown lad like that who was promising enough for a top PL club to buy him in the summer couldn't get in the team this year, even as a late sub like last year. Just no logic there at all.

I know this is old ground, but it riles me to think we're scrabbling around looking for players. If Clarke plays tomorrow you have to ask why he hasn't had a chance to play this year. Same goes for BPF last year. Better keeper than the current clown and whilst he should have acted differently at the time maybe, when he was annoyed, he certainly had a point about losing his place to him which has been proven since.
    Not sure I agree tbh Jez, about Clarke.

Looked a decent prospect before his illness, since then hasn't done much or hasn't been given the opportunity. I believe Spurs bought him based on his pre illness performances, club sold him fairly cheaply (considering) as they possibly identified something to suggest he would not be the same player afterwards?

Anyhow, I think the loan was a PR stunt to keep the fans appeased and to bulk up the squad. Club happy they got the cash, fans happy we hadn't completely lost one of the academy products.

Question has to be asked, when do you draw the line with someone on loan that might have potential but is not performing, would you really keep them onboard?

I defo dont think BPF is a better keeper than Casilla, though he has not covered himself in glory either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post

We are xmas shopping on 24th December

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Not sure I agree tbh Jez, about Clarke.

Looked a decent prospect before his illness, since then hasn't done much or hasn't been given the opportunity. I believe Spurs bought him based on his pre illness performances, club sold him fairly cheaply (considering) as they possibly identified something to suggest he would not be the same player afterwards?

Anyhow, I think the loan was a PR stunt to keep the fans appeased and to bulk up the squad. Club happy they got the cash, fans happy we hadn't completely lost one of the academy products.

Question has to be asked, when do you draw the line with someone on loan that might have potential but is not performing, would you really keep them onboard?

I defo dont think BPF is a better keeper than Casilla, though he has not covered himself in glory either.
    Know what you mean but I think if he plays for QPR immediately and well, the suspicion will be there were politics involved rather than form.

On BPF and Casilla we'll have to agree to disagree, but BPF's stats before he left were superb. Casilla has positives (shot stopping and distribution though not as good as Meslier at that) but his negatives far outweigh those. BPF made a couple of errors, but he's much younger so that would be expected. Casilla is a former Real Madrid keeper who makes mistakes constantly despite age and experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)