+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burnley v Leicester Match Preview

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    Brilliant result - well done lads. Really looking forward to MOTD2 for a change. Could have watched the game on Sky, but it makes me too nervous
    Aye,the last ten minutes my heart was pumping so photo kin fast I thought it was going to explode..lol

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    Brilliant result - well done lads. Really looking forward to MOTD2 for a change. Could have watched the game on Sky, but it makes me too nervous
    Jay Rod was awesome. Believe me, he was awesome.

That's good to hear BT

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    No mistakes Norder...........Cork is way past his sell by date in the PL
    and was He, Cork - who was tackled when dithering with the ball - leading to the Barnes goal....but once more, luck and bungle came to our rescue - of our goals...a Save, palmed to the feet of Wood - how could he miss, and a failed clearance to an unmarked Westwood for the second - then there's that poor pen from Vardy, and 2/3 other of his other shots aimed directly at Pope - all good for us, as whatever slight improvements there were, Lester certainly didn't return to the clinical finishing seen during the first half of the season - and what of Var ?.... failing to notice Mee's "leaning" block....With all things considered, (imo) the game was a Gift.....though I didn't expect a ribbon !

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    and was He, Cork - who was tackled when dithering with the ball - leading to the Barnes goal....but once more, luck and bungle came to our rescue - of our goals...a Save, palmed to the feet of Wood - how could he miss, and a failed clearance to an unmarked Westwood for the second - then there's that poor pen from Vardy, and 2/3 other of his other shots aimed directly at Pope - all good for us, as whatever slight improvements there were, Lester certainly didn't return to the clinical finishing seen during the first half of the season - and what of Var ?.... failing to notice Mee's "leaning" block....With all things considered, (imo) the game was a Gift.....though I didn't expect a ribbon !

Glad you did not see it with claret tinted glasses Norder.We were second best for almost all the match but I am not complaining.The fact that our keeper was MoM says it all.Nobody else stood out at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Glad you did not see it with claret tinted glasses Norder.We were second best for almost all the match but I am not complaining.The fact that our keeper was MoM says it all.Nobody else stood out at all.
    Well to be honest gents I think the lads deserved a bit of credit for being dogged digging in and overcoming a very good team.
    West woods goal was a peach , he got his knee over the top of it and drilled it home. ( a difficult skill when running at pace ).

I’m as frustrated as the next man With our situation and lack of recruitment and the last few games but credit where It’s due we deserved to win the game at the end just for our persistence.

Agree with army.

And Leicesters goal should not have stood. Cork was fouled from behind on the halfway line in the build up.

Deserved win - we outfought them.

Norder - when was the last time you were NOT critical about my team? I honestly can't remember you having a good word for us - win, lose or draw.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Agree with army.

Deserved win - we outfought them.

Norder - when was the last time you were NOT critical about my team? I honestly can't remember you having a good word for us - win, lose or draw.

My feelings about My team ? 59".....read them as you prefer - matters not to me.

Last edited by Norder; 20-01-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)