+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T More IBS Nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    That’s good for you...nearly spat my tea out
    And to you his sloppy seconds. Not that there'll be many of them, but you don't strike me as in much of a position to choose either. Be thankful, and use a dry cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    And to you his sloppy seconds. Not that there'll be many of them, but you don't strike me as in much of a position to choose either. Be thankful, and use a dry cloth.
    Brilliant! .... and after I paid you a compliment

Leaving aside the rather tongue in cheek op, I personally don't have much time for *******s about men should do this and women should do that. Unbelievable that such thinking is still about but old farts die hard.

My niece went to uni and was/is quite a strong feminist but after birth of her kid chose to stay at home and is still doing that now. Good for her.

My wife works part time as she wants to pick our little un up and spend time with her at end of day. She could go to work full time if she wanted, or could stay at home.

But most people now don't have the choice. The old 'breadwinner' role isn't financially viable for average wage earners, and most couples have to work, whether they like it or not.

People who choose to stay at home and bring up the kid get my absolute respect. Assuming you avoid putting the TV on all day for them, and actually interact with them as a parent should, bringing a child/toddler/junior up at home as well as doing the domestics is far harder than my daily job. My wife agrees, so either she is missing the 'female/mum gene' that is spoken of on this thread, or maybe that's a load of old tosh!

Brilliant! .... and after I paid you a compliment
    I consider compliments provocative. Now **** off

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    I think a lot of people are being forced into roles they aren't really comfortable with or built for. Most (I did say most) women are far better suited to chld care than most men for example. It's just biology. They're also better suited to nurturing roles in general. It seems ridiculous and arrogant to think that somehow in the last 20 or 30 years or so, we've suddenly got it right and everyone for the last few millenia got it wrong.
    bloody pc brigade have nearly stopped slavery altogether!

I consider compliments provocative. Now **** off
    Are you with alcohol by any chance pup?

Are you with alcohol by any chance pup?
    Lol. Sadly no. But as it's Friday I'm planning to have a large sherry later.

Lol. Sadly no. But as it's Friday I'm planning to have a large sherry later.
    Wow, your sober is my pissed!

Wow, your sober is my pissed!
    You should try some of my sherry...

A friend of mine, who I only see once a year at our annual get together at The test match, looks after the house and three sons.
    He's done this for about eight years and his wife is the breadwinner.
    She is a GP Doctor so has a decent income for the whole family.

There is some mickey taking from us all fuelled by expensive gnats p155 lager but he gets more grief for being an Arsenal fan and from the south of England
    Last edited by flourbasher; 17-01-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast