+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T More IBS Nonsense

O/T More IBS Nonsense

Went to see an old friend yesterday. He got married a few years ago and I haven't seen him since then. When I got to his house his wife was there. A lovely pleasant and caring woman. She was making his tea while he travelled home from work. She also busied herself with a few household chores...bit of ironing, sewing up and old jumper etc. When he arrived she greeted him pleasantly and put a home made meat and tatty pie in front of him.

I must admit I was a touch envious but also pleased for him at the same time. It was so traditional the whole set-up: the breadwinner and the home-maker. Both of them perfectly accepting of their roles, working in harmony as a team.

I will be totally honest now I would like a home maker, traditional type wife. I don't want one of those who does housework begrudgingly or who gets a job just to avoid domestic chores. Nor one of thiese women who reads out quotes from a feminist manifesto. Just a good housewife...pleasant disposition, content with her role.

Tell me is that so wrong?

I bet deep down that's what most fella's want if it was economically viable.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 17-01-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Went to see an old friend yesterday. He got married a few years ago and I haven't seen him since then. When I got to his house his wife was there. A lovely pleasant and caring woman. She was making his tea while he travelled home from work. She also busied herself with a few household chores...bit of ironing, sewing up and old jumper etc. When he arrived she greeted him pleasantly and put a home made meat and tatty pie in front of him.

I must admit I was a touch envious but also pleased for him at the same time. It was so traditional the whole set-up: the breadwinner and the home-maker. Both of them perfectly accepting of their roles, working in harmony as a team.

I will be totally honest now I would like a home maker, traditional type wife. I don't want one of those who does housework begrudgingly or who gets a job just to avoid domestic chores. Nor one of thiese women who reads out quotes from a feminist manifesto. Just a good housewife...pleasant disposition, content with her role.

Tell me is that so wrong?

I bet deep down that's what most fella's want if it was economically viable.

Nowt wrong with that. But my gut feeling, from reading your posts over the years, is that you should take whatever you can get and think yourself lucky.

Talking of feminist manifesto. I thought Laurence Fox was being a bit of a prick last night on QT. Until he was asked who he liked for the labour leadership. He answered that kier Starmer would be BJ’s biggest threat. The labour attorney general noted he hadn’t picked a woman insinuating he was a misogynist and he changed his answer to “all the women then” I thought it was very funny.

Tell you what IBS. I'd love you to be my personal man slave around the house. You wouldn't get paid of course

Can you tell me what's wrong with that?

...and we wonder why we don't get female posters on here any more...

Roly once again demonstrating that he can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Tell you what IBS. I'd love you to be my personal man slave around the house. You wouldn't get paid of course

Can you tell me what's wrong with that?

...and we wonder why we don't get female posters on here any more...
    There’s nothing wrong with that if you want a man servant same with Idiot wanting a woman servant, we all have our preferences do we not?

It's nothing to do with being a servant. Both people happy in their roles.

Regarding Laurence Fox, I thought he was brilliant. A left-winger who can see what the issues really are without getting bogged down in all the extraneous nonsense like Roly.

Yep a left winger. If he's a left winger I'm Margaret Thatcher. You do a great job of making this site inaccessible to a big chunk of people. I should know better than to reply to your inane drivel by now though so i will leave it at that...

IBS,
    My wife and I made the decision that when we had kids she would stay at home and look after them whilst I worked.
    I must be honest and say that I still did the majority of the cooking as I enjoy it and it tastes better although she has improved.

The kids have benefitted from her being at home, they're well balanced and know what's right and wrong.

Since my ankle problem she had taken up the mantel of working whilst I have recovered.

I must admit that the hardest job I ever undertook was looking after our 2 kids for a couple of months. Wow! What a job that is. Remembering that women like their kids dressed in clothes that match is a big thing that I failed on many occasions

Where does your friend live? In 1956?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast