+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bristol City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Only seen highlights looked the better team hit woodwork missed a sitter deserved 3 points but we can't get the better of that leprechaun manager/HC

Home form is key to survival for me , if it starts going tyts up at Oakwell we are completely done for .

Every away defeat simply has to be answered with a home win .

Home games to come in no particular order .

Preston
    Nottingham Forest
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Blackburn
    Cardiff
    Boro
    Birmingham
    Wigan

Looking for at least 6 wins from that which would still give us only 42 points and I think we may need 47 .

We have to go away to

Leeds
    Fulham
    Brentford
    Hull
    QPR
    Reading
    Charlton
    Stoke
    Luton

Nowt to get encouraged about away from home amongst that lot to say the least other than Charlton and Luton and even then they aren't gimmes .

I didn't go to Bristol or watch the game by some other method and I understand from reports that we played well and deserved a point so well done from me for that.

We have benefited ourselves from very late goals this season--Derby H, Bristol City H, WBA H, Millwall A so I have no gripe with the timing of their goal--it balances itself out ovva a season. What I have an issue with is our defending for their winner. Their player picks the ball up near the heyf way line

- he goes past Thomas easily, no tackle, An "old pro" would have "tekken one for the team" at that stage of the game and brought him down, getting booked if need be.
    - he goes past Williams as if Williams is towing a truck
    - two or three fail to cut the cross out
    -their goalscorer unmarked at far post and then the new lad Ludweg turns his back on his shot rather than moving close to get a block in.

We move on.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-01-2020 at 09:28 AM.

I can't stand pansy footballers who turn their backs on a shot, cross ,free kicks etc and you see it time and time again they're not men only Nancy boys

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I didn't go to Bristol or watch the game by some other method and I understand from reports that we played well and deserved a point so well done from me for that.

We have benefited ourselves from very late goals this season--Derby H, Bristol City H, WBA H, Millwall A so I have no gripe with the timing of their goal--it balances itself out ovva a season. What I have an issue with is our defending for their winner. Their player picks the ball up near the heyf way line

- he goes past Thomas easily, no tackle, An "old pro" would have "tekken one for the team" at that stage of the game and brought him down, getting booked if need be.
    - he goes past Williams as if Williams is towing a truck
    - two or three fail to cut the cross out
    -their goalscorer unmarked at far post and then the new lad Ludweg turns his back on his shot rather than moving close to get a block in.

We move on.
    That is why we need experience as yourself and many others on here have identified for months .

The nuts n bolts of the game , seeing a game out and taking an away point , knowing how to do that , when to commit a foul and take the yellow , game management in a nutshell .

Yes it's harsh having played the better football but this is the championship and a relegation scrap , the better football counts for feck all if naivety throws the point away in the 88th minute .

The Bristol lad bends one in from 25 yards and fair play you take it on the chin but to give a goal away like we did yesterday is quite frankly unnecessary .

Fecking wake up club , smell the coffee and give this HC the tools he needs .

The alternative is another league one campaign with absolutely no guarantees of anything .

Easier to put this right in the next two weeks than face another 46 game dog fight in league one minus the loss of some of our better young players .

If you think Woodrow , Chaplin , Brown and Mowatt want to be at Accrington and Lincoln in a Barnsley shirt next season ....... think again .

Take some replacing will those four with the budget significantly cut even a level lower .

Is it that clear cut that a more experienced player in the team would have stopped us conceding a late goal.

As said by SB we did the same to Derby WBA Derby and Millwall. They have much older average squad ages with some real experience and didn’t stop it happening to them.

We had four clear opportunities to prevent that goal yesterday.

In my opinion an owd eead would ev seen what was needed as it developed, even at Sunday League level.

I’d like to see a bit more experience but I think the main problem is the quality of the defensive players, they’re just not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Is it that clear cut that a more experienced player in the team would have stopped us conceding a late goal.

As said by SB we did the same to Derby WBA Derby and Millwall. They have much older average squad ages with some real experience and didn’t stop it happening to them.
    It's the way we manage the inexperience as much as anything ESR , building practically a new back four and goalkeeper in one summer without any of them having kicked a ball at championship level plus the foreigner bedding in process is asking way too much .

The percentages are slim that it will come off .

If you'd brought in Danny Simpson at right back , Ashley Williams at centre half alongside Halme and Oduor you'd have half a chance .

I'm not saying for one moment we'd even be mid table but I reckon we'd have at least 7 or 8 more points .

That would have us on 32 points today and our heads above the water .

There's simply no margin for error with the position we are in now because of the 17 games without a win and trying to find the winning hand .

If you'd have left Sibbick and Wilks where they were you'd have had around £1.5m to bring in two players with significant championship experience and still remain within budget .

Just seen Bristol goal. Crap defending yet again. 2 of our players should a shoulder barged their winger into touch instead o allowing him to ghost past and cross the ball in. Also turning your back on the shot is pyss poor. This is 87 mins hard work down the pan for another naive passage of play

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast