+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Struber - new defender would make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Wanting and getting are two different things
    Indeed Pass .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    The comments made by Struber seem to be the same comments [almost word for word in fact] that are being made on this forum for the past 3/4 months

Very true Exile but it is glaringly obvious. I'm just pleased that Struber had the ballax to say it. However, judging on past experiences I think that the head coach going public on the players deficiencies tends to lose the trust/respect and is a gamble, especially if Hoss doesn't bring in what the head coach wants/needs.

Very true Exile but it is glaringly obvious. I'm just pleased that Struber had the ballax to say it. However, judging on past experiences I think that the head coach going public on the players deficiencies tends to lose the trust/respect and is a gamble, especially if Hoss doesn't bring in what the head coach wants/needs.
    Both Hecky and Stendel fell out with the ownership on recruitment , not budget , not their own personal terms but recruitment .

Struber potentially could be heading the same way but fair play to all three of them for boxing their corner .

Something will have to give on this policy eventually , it's inevitable .

If you fall out with three HC's all of whom are or were well admired over the same issue then you have a huge problem .

The suits need to back away and leave the football brains to do their job .

I'd take Kevin long in a heart beat. Championship experience and knows the club!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Both Hecky and Stendel fell out with the ownership on recruitment , not budget , not their own personal terms but recruitment .

Struber potentially could be heading the same way but fair play to all three of them for boxing their corner .

Something will have to give on this policy eventually , it's inevitable .

If you fall out with three HC's all of whom are or were well admired over the same issue then you have a huge problem .

The suits need to back away and leave the football brains to do their job .

I think in Hecky, Stendel and Strubers case they would've certainly settled for compromise. I would as I expect you would too because its mean the club was moving forward. The u25 policy/plan the club has adopted is almost working but just needs a tweak and some compromise between the football people and the administration

I think in Hecky, Stendel and Strubers case they would've certainly settled for compromise. I would as I expect you would too because its mean the club was moving forward. The u25 policy/plan the club has adopted is almost working but just needs a tweak and some compromise between the football people and the administration
    For sure Pass there's merit to this thing , I've stated previously on here that Chaplin and Woodrow have 9 championship goals each , try and buy two strikers for a million quid a piece with that output and at the ages they are , ain't going to happen .

We aren't a million miles away from being on to something here with some compromise .

That's the sad part about it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

We aren't a million miles away from being on to something here .
    Tha knows as well as I do Animal that if there is any sign of hope of a team being built the rug will be pulled from under the coach this January or in the summer by the sale of the key players responsible for any upturn. It's soul destroying evvin a deliberate policy to make fans watch a player develop knowing full well they will be sold with no intention of retaining the best ones in order to gradually build a successful team.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tha knows as well as I do Animal that if there is any sign of hope of a team being built the rug will be pulled from under the coach this January or in the summer by the sale of the key players responsible for any upturn. It's soul destroying evvin a deliberate policy to make fans watch a player develop knowing full well they will be sold with no intention of retaining the best ones in order to gradually build a successful team.
    Which is why we spend our saturday afternoons watching Stelling SB .

Very sad .

We might need two new defenders if the rumour is true about Diaby

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    We might need two new defenders if the rumour is true about Diaby
    Whats the rumour ESR?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast