+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are We Gonna Challenge for the Championship or just fade away

Quote Originally Posted by gazmadmiller View Post
    So top of the league BRILLIANT, are we gonna stay there ? I doubt it very , very much.

Whilst all around us are strengthening their sides, preparing for a final assault on the top two or at worst a top six play off final shot, RUFC seem content to offer a contract to a player who has not kicked a ball in anger for six months only to be rejected

Come on now, take off the rose tinted glasses and seriously look at the next few months. Whilst our opposition are investing in talent to secure their final position we sit back and bring in ................

I seriously see us dropping away from a potential (with a bit of money spent in Jan) automatic promotion place to another dull year in L1.

Come on RUFC do you want to progress, do you want to play on the big SKY stage, do you want to a player or are you happy to take money from the fans and be a could have been in L1.
    You must really like the taste of humble pie gaz after getting a taste on the matchthread last Saturday and now posting this

Quote Originally Posted by gazmadmiller View Post
    So top of the league BRILLIANT, are we gonna stay there ? I doubt it very , very much.

Whilst all around us are strengthening their sides, preparing for a final assault on the top two or at worst a top six play off final shot, RUFC seem content to offer a contract to a player who has not kicked a ball in anger for six months only to be rejected

Come on now, take off the rose tinted glasses and seriously look at the next few months. Whilst our opposition are investing in talent to secure their final position we sit back and bring in ................

I seriously see us dropping away from a potential (with a bit of money spent in Jan) automatic promotion place to another dull year in L1.

Come on RUFC do you want to progress, do you want to play on the big SKY stage, do you want to a player or are you happy to take money from the fans and be a could have been in L1.
    First glass half empty much?

Second I would sooner have 3 good quality players than 8 Dexter Blackstocks.

Third you seem to be under the impression that it’s easy to get quality players on the cheap and on a cheap wage?

Fourth ... Apart from a defender and possibly a striker do we really need anyone else with the squad we have?

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    It's ok to take players till end of the season, if available(if we can't attract them when were top of the pile, we've no chance).

But signing anyone now would have to be Championship quality, and probably good wages.

Who's out there and available at our standards????
    I was going to say in my previous post why sign permanent players now when we could be promoted.

But on another hand any top league 2 or top league 1 player who team isn't in a position to challenge for promotion who Paul Warne thinks could make the step up. We are in the ideal position to try and make a move for.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    The others need to improve Gaz just to get parity with the standards we have set recently.

PW has intimated that he thinks we,re good enough assuming we don't lose players through recalls, suspensions or injury.
    There,s a lot of evidence for us to trust the Manager,s judgement

And there in lies the problem. Like you have said, 'Assuming we don't lose players through recalls, suspensions or injury' that is the danger point.

It's all well and good Donpagefanclub ripping into GazmadMiller like he has, but all Gaz is showing is passion and he doesn't want to see it all fade away to nothing. Have you all forgot last January already? The lack of investment last season cost us and don't tell me it wasn't.

I'm sure Gaz is elated at out current lofty position, goals average and great run of late. Let the guy have his say without the vitriolic replies.

We are by looking at business at the moment, doing it on the cheap again or are we? There may be players lined up we know nothing about and I suppose this is where Gaz has to show a little patience until all is revealed. I believe we are in danger of losing Barlaser to a higher league club unless a miracle happens. Be prepared for that one ....

Nobody knows what's around the footballing corner so again patience is called for but, let's all not jump on the bandwagon and blast Gaz for being what appears to be over passionate and apprehensive after last seasons debacle. We're all MillerS aren't we?

As for all this 'humble pie' crap, I don't believe in it other than to come on here and simply admit if you were wrong. It may have been at the time you were correct at what you were pointing out but things got better, ala Barlaser and my earlier posts on him

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    And there in lies the problem. Like you have said, 'Assuming we don't lose players through recalls, suspensions or injury' that is the danger point.

It's all well and good Donpagefanclub ripping into GazmadMiller like he has, but all Gaz is showing is passion and he doesn't want to see it all fade away to nothing. Have you all forgot last January already? The lack of investment last season cost us and don't tell me it wasn't.

I'm sure Gaz is elated at out current lofty position, goals average and great run of late. Let the guy have his say without the vitriolic replies.

We are by looking at business at the moment, doing it on the cheap again or are we? There may be players lined up we know nothing about and I suppose this is where Gaz has to show a little patience until all is revealed. I believe we are in danger of losing Barlaser to a higher league club unless a miracle happens. Be prepared for that one ....

Nobody knows what's around the footballing corner so again patience is called for but, let's all not jump on the bandwagon and blast Gaz for being what appears to be over passionate and apprehensive after last seasons debacle. We're all MillerS aren't we?

As for all this 'humble pie' crap, I don't believe in it other than to come on here and simply admit if you were wrong. It may have been at the time you were correct at what you were pointing out but things got better, ala Barlaser and my earlier posts on him
    It's too easy Brin just to say you didn't invest sufficiently last season .

The problem both our clubs have is the lack of a real brand at championship level which leaves us recruiting in certain ponds .

We tried desperately to up our game in the summer and placed bids of £2.1m for a young hotshot at Motherwell and £2.7m for a forward at Dynamo Dresden .

Neither wanted to know mate , not big enough to float their boat .

Even with a few bob it ain't that easy .

You humble pie eaters are all the same. Overweight

Barlaser going this window he's only on loan. Can't believe we haven't got a centre back in. Thompson he's not commanding there leaves us only two playing there tomorrow till Robertson gets back. Don't like Warney's idea of playing Crooks or Mattock there. Need a big striker to push Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's too easy Brin just to say you didn't invest sufficiently last season .

The problem both our clubs have is the lack of a real brand at championship level which leaves us recruiting in certain ponds .

We tried desperately to up our game in the summer and placed bids of £2.1m for a young hotshot at Motherwell and £2.7m for a forward at Dynamo Dresden .

Neither wanted to know mate , not big enough to float their boat .

Even with a few bob it ain't that easy .
    We'll never know.....we never chased anyone of significance that may have aided us. I't not all about 2.1 and 2.7 million, it's the player who may cost well less that may have just come to our club. anyway watter under bridge as they say

We'll never know.....we never chased anyone of significance that may have aided us. I't not all about 2.1 and 2.7 million, it's the player who may cost well less that may have just come to our club. anyway watter under bridge as they say
    Just my opinion Brin but I firmly believe any club coming up from league one with a good rock solid back four who can adapt to the greater demands is the key to cementing your place at that level .

If we'd have been able to hold on to Pinnock , Lindsay and Adam Davies last summer we'd have at least 12 more points than we have tonight .

I think as two clubs who seem to struggle in the championship but do well in league one neither of us have given the defensive side the resources we should .

I'm pretty much convinced a fit for purpose championship back four and keeper but with a decent league one attack would have enough to keep us both up .

I'm not talking about ripping the league up but 18th place or there abouts .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 17-01-2020 at 10:28 PM.

We’ve learned lessons from before about signing players for the sake of it. Sunderland are welcome to lafferty. He’s a total cun t.
    Vas is a bit like a new signing the way he’s been playing.
    We have signed Hakeeb until the end of the season.
    Players returning from injuries and suspensions will be bursting to get back into the side.
    I’m not a fan of making a lot of changes in January unless we were struggling.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast