+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are We Gonna Challenge for the Championship or just fade away

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    We'll never know.....we never chased anyone of significance that may have aided us. I't not all about 2.1 and 2.7 million, it's the player who may cost well less that may have just come to our club. anyway watter under bridge as they say
    There's a price to pay for having the resources to submit such bids Brin .

Like losing the spine of your promotion winning team to the tune of £9m .

Either way you look at it it does us no favours at the higher level just as it doesn't with yourselves .

warne has said in the past. if i get the recruitment right in the summer theres no need for players in January. nobody can argue the summer signings were spot on, so why the call for signings now.

liverpool. wba rotherham, swindon how many players have these four table toppers signed in january? 3 i believe and were one of them

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    warne has said in the past. if i get the recruitment right in the summer theres no need for players in January. nobody can argue the summer signings were spot on, so why the call for signings now.

liverpool. wba rotherham, swindon how many players have these four table toppers signed in january? 3 i believe and were one of them
    I agree we did mass recruitment in summer there’s no need to bring in crap just for sake of it.

If we can bring in players to get ready for next year I’m all for it. If we can get someone better than what we have on the cheap sure that’s ok too, but buying for the sake of it no.

Who could you replace in the team? All of them have been fantastic, we already got a winger that we needed the only thing I can see us being in market for is back ups who will cover injured players and will be mainly used for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I agree we did mass recruitment in summer there’s no need to bring in crap just for sake of it.

If we can bring in players to get ready for next year I’m all for it. If we can get someone better than what we have on the cheap sure that’s ok too, but buying for the sake of it no.

Who could you replace in the team? All of them have been fantastic, we already got a winger that we needed the only thing I can see us being in market for is back ups who will cover injured players and will be mainly used for next season
    There's much to be said about leaving a winning team alone and let them get on with it .

There's some merit in that when it transfers to the higher level .

A good reference is Luton Town who with the best will in the world sought to improve upon 94 league one points and kick on wirh 6 or 7 sumner signings including a club record £2.2m goalkeeper .....hmm

Check the league table .

What ever it was they had with successive promotions they've lost it now .

Football ain't an exact science and no mistake .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There's much to be said about leaving a winning team alone and let them get on with it .

There's some merit in that when it transfers to the higher level .

A good reference is Luton Town who with the best will in the world sought to improve upon 94 league one points and kick on wirh 6 or 7 sumner signings including a club record £2.2m goalkeeper .....hmm

Check the league table .

What ever it was they had with successive promotions they've lost it now .

Football ain't an exact science and no mistake .
    That’s problem when you gut your squad like that it’s like going from one game on computer your really confident in to a new game you need to learn the rules and need practice on.

Personally I think we have the best three strikers in the league a decent midfield and best defence in league, that’s why my expectations are so high this year

I'm just hoping and praying we go up automatically because that last game at home to Sunderland will be one he'll of a day (& night) if we do...

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    We’ve learned lessons from before about signing players for the sake of it. Sunderland are welcome to lafferty. He’s a total cun t.
    Vas is a bit like a new signing the way he’s been playing.
    We have signed Hakeeb until the end of the season.
    Players returning from injuries and suspensions will be bursting to get back into the side.
    I’m not a fan of making a lot of changes in January unless we were struggling.
    With a chance of permanent signing I believe (Hakeeb) or did I dream it?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    With a chance of permanent signing I believe (Hakeeb) or did I dream it?
    I’m not sure mate. I’m expecting good things from him. Players like him can be the difference in games like today where they will come to try to not get beaten.
    I feel we always do better against teams that attack us.

So we have strengthened then and signed a potentially exciting attacker who can unlock some doors according to PW.
    Others have filled in for suspensions and injury and done really well.
    The strikers have all hit form so PW has clearly had a rethink on what he needs and let's not forget it,s TS,s money not ours
    PW has reminded us that it can take 8-10 games to get players playing the right way so Jan is not the most effective time to recruit so he must think he could easily be wasting the Chairmans money.

I would suggest PW,s immediate task and for the rest of the season is to concentrate on maintaining the standards he and the players have set themselves and not be sidetracked by signings and trying to bed in new players

I do agree with Brin that some of the responses to Gaz were a bit strong; it's only his opinion.
    Last edited by flourbasher; 18-01-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Forget what other clubs are doing (as hard as that is to do, and I'm as guilty as anyone of focusing too much on the opposition). And forget what happened in this division last season (as hard as that is to do when constantly reminded of it - as though all of this is new to us) .

In my opinion, the best "business" we could do this January is retain Iverson and Barlasser.

The signing of Hakeeb Adelakun is, on paper, an excellent one. If hes half the player I saw play for Scunny then he's good. He's very good.

Because of the excellent and thorough preparations put in during the Summer, we're in the "cherry on top" situation rather than buying bags of cake mix. I dont buy into the "Kyle Vassell is the next coming" mantra (he picks up every transfer window), so I'd still like to see another striker. George Hirst continues to be mentioned (loan from Leicester). And if I'm greedy, a wily old ceoty in central midfield (to do the job McDonald was obviously brought in to do).

We're obviously not Runaway Champions material, but we've now seen every other side and (bar Oxford at home) nobody has looked significantly better than us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast