+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V Brighton

Well another 45 minutes of absolute dross all we could manage was El Ghazi with a “here I am ball come & hit me on the head header”

Hause is an accident waiting to happen

Up front El Ghazi & Trézéguet look about as “threatening as a balloon on a stick”

Yes first half its Groundhog day we look unbalanced, unmotivated & bereft of ideas & this “ we aint got a recognised striker …….who's fault is that ?

Well we clawed back and a valuable point. Bournmouth lost Watford missed a pen to win.
    Tuesday night is now massive followed by Bournemouth.

MASSIVE

Why on earth did Deano start Drinkwater before Luiz? There is a reason he wasnt getting game time at Burnley. You need to earn the right to ware the shirt. Not earn it from past reputation. We need Nzonzi!

No, we need a striker and anyway Nzonzi will need to earn the shirt !

It won't take him long hes quality

Striker first. Maybe we should have got Nzonzi instead of that waster Drinkwater?

I think it's clear that Douglas Luiz should be the first name in the centre of midfield. I think it's fair that Drinkwater is certainly nowhere near up to speed or fitness and I don't really care if he doesn't play for us again tbh. He misplaced the vast majority of his passes. For me it needs to be Hourihane and Luiz with Nakamba as a 2md option for Conor. Jack should never ever be put out on the left wing ever again.

Let's hope to god Samatta is the real deal and gets a goal on his debut like so many villa striker legends have done in the past.

I'm going on Tuesday and can't wait. Massive MASSIVE game against Watford

The best thing about Nzonzi is …...its worth 31 points at scrabble

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    I think it's clear that Douglas Luiz should be the first name in the centre of midfield. I think it's fair that Drinkwater is certainly nowhere near up to speed or fitness and I don't really care if he doesn't play for us again tbh. He misplaced the vast majority of his passes. For me it needs to be Hourihane and Luiz with Nakamba as a 2md option for Conor. Jack should never ever be put out on the left wing ever again.

Let's hope to god Samatta is the real deal and gets a goal on his debut like so many villa striker legends have done in the past.

I'm going on Tuesday and can't wait. Massive MASSIVE game against Watford
    I agree with all that sam appart from i feel Hourihane reminds me of another westwood. Just about good enough for the premiership but only just. However i do think he takes the best free kick in the league. Luiz will be a very good player and i do like Marvellous. Taylor and Elmo dont cut the mustard as wing backs and i see Gulibert getting skinned to often. Maybe Gulibert and Taggart would make better wingers?
    Drunkwater should never start right now. He might come good but for now bench him.

Whos Taggart? Isnt he that Scottish detective?
    With 3 at the back Targett is already a wingback.
    Connor should be starting over Drinkwater who is obviously not the player he was 4 years ago!
    Reina looks quality, something lacking in out team lately and that save at the end of the game was huge.
    I too will be there v Watford Sam and 3 pts is a must. It could be a classic night, we play well under the lights. Would love to see Samatta score and that Nose Deeney sent off, hate the guy with a vengance.
    See you down there Sam.
    North stand block T2.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)