+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T. Cricket

Funny thing is, I used to think cricket was so boring but when SA got re-admitted I watched a few games of the 92 world cup only to wind up the south Africans at college and got totally hooked. Great day out as well.

Each to their own, I say.
    There's lots I do like and lots I don't in sport.
    If we all hated particular sports they wouldn't exist, so it's great there's so much diversity and support for the many sports and suchlike, out there.

I love my football too much to get too interested in many sports but I do like a bit of rugby, depending on who's playing (usually England).
    I can tolerate superbowl but wouldn't bother too much with NFL.

Golf is a hit and miss, same as snooker...and it depends who's playing, the same as darts.

Tiger woods and what not or Ronnie O'sullivan or Michael van Gerwen, etc.

I used to love watching tennis but even that generally bores me now.

To be honest I think there's too much of a sort of robotic kind of set up about sport these days.
    It all seems to be becoming almost systematic and contrived.
    Anyone else thing this?

Super Rugby season is about to start here as well (all the top southern hemisphere sides) A mate of mine has a box at Ellis park so he'll be my best mate for the next couple of months. Lol. Not really a big rugby fan but another great day out. Love any sport except golf. That's not even a sport.

Got to say, i love the 6 Nations. There's such a level of intensity and drama and absolutely none of the pathetic petulance you see every single week in the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Each to their own, I say.
    There's lots I do like and lots I don't in sport.
    If we all hated particular sports they wouldn't exist, so it's great there's so much diversity and support for the many sports and suchlike, out there.

I love my football too much to get too interested in many sports but I do like a bit of rugby, depending on who's playing (usually England).
    I can tolerate superbowl but wouldn't bother too much with NFL.

Golf is a hit and miss, same as snooker...and it depends who's playing, the same as darts.

Tiger woods and what not or Ronnie O'sullivan or Michael van Gerwen, etc.

I used to love watching tennis but even that generally bores me now.
    It's funny...as a kid I really used to like watching Wimbledon but now it bores the arse off me. There don't seem to be any characters (apart from that Australian fella who goes on like a spoilt kid) and power seems to have taken over both the me's and women's games as opposed to flair.

Still....some of the lasses are nice to watch.

20/20 and one day cricket is great

Not a big fan of the 20/20 format. The last 50 over world cup was class though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    It's funny...as a kid I really used to like watching Wimbledon but now it bores the arse off me. There don't seem to be any characters (apart from that Australian fella who goes on like a spoilt kid) and power seems to have taken over both the me's and women's games as opposed to flair.

Still....some of the lasses are nice to watch.
    When Goran Ivanisovic won Wimbledon as as a wildcard, that was peak tennis for me, haven't watched it since.

I't couldn't ever improve on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Got to say, i love the 6 Nations. There's such a level of intensity and drama and absolutely none of the pathetic petulance you see every single week in the Prem.
    Football players running around for 90 minutes pretending their hurt

Rugby players running around for 80 minutes pretending their not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)