+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rams v Tigers

All points on the board no matter how!!
    Who knows, we may need them!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    All points on the board no matter how!!
    Who knows, we may need them!!
    Exactly. Seven points off sixth and 13 off relegation now...or are we?
    Three good points today either way.

We could be 20 points from relegation and we'd get 21 points deducted.However some are saying its a cover up just to keep boro from sueing the EFL and they are going to string it out as long as poss and deduct us just the right amount so as not to get relegated, I love a good conspiracy but I don't buy it

No it was a good win today, sounded a bit shaky first half and they should have been 1-0 at HT but second half much improved and we bossed it apparently and deserved to win, with all the distractions these last few days the boys done good, onto the next

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39412119]Not sure why you’re having a ‘pop’ at me, mista. Wasn’t me who mentioned you never predicting a win.

Anyway, you’re wrong, I predicted a 3-0 reversal at Palace, said I’d be grateful for a point at Wigan and got the scores and results right against Charlton and Barnsley so I’ll go for it again.

We’re on he same side you know. COYR!![/QU oOTE]

Sorry RA Not having pop , nobody can really say I never predict a win because I will discuss the opposition and say how I think it they will play who the danger men are etc .But I don't say if we are going to win,,draw, or lose I may think we will lose but I don't say because I always want us to win Another poor match and performance today but three very welcome points

[QUOTE=mistaram;39412579]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not sure why you’re having a ‘pop’ at me, mista. Wasn’t me who mentioned you never predicting a win.

Anyway, you’re wrong, I predicted a 3-0 reversal at Palace, said I’d be grateful for a point at Wigan and got the scores and results right against Charlton and Barnsley so I’ll go for it again.

We’re on he same side you know. COYR!![/QU oOTE]

Sorry RA Not having pop , nobody can really say I never predict a win because I will discuss the opposition and say how I think it they will play who the danger men are etc .But I don't say if we are going to win,,draw, or lose I may think we will lose but I don't say because I always want us to win Another poor match and performance today but three very welcome points
    Lol...I know you weren’t, mista and I know you’re always a mixture of fair and committed...but read it again because it really wasn’t me commenting on you never predicting a win anymore...honest!

P.S. Poor match...poor performance? Probably although I remember a game against the same opposition - at a similar time of year if memory serves - under Billy Davies. Think it ended as a draw but it was depressingly poor and look how that season ended.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-01-2020 at 07:38 PM.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39412645]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

Lol...I know you weren’t, mista and I know you’re always a mixture of fair and committed...but read it again because it really wasn’t me commenting on you never predicting a win anymore...honest!

P.S. Poor match...poor performance? Probably although I remember a game against the same opposition - at a similar time of year if memory serves - under Billy Davies. Think it ended as a draw but it was depressingly poor and look how that season ended.
    RA yes terrible match I knew how they would play from when I went up there We were the better team there they had three break aways and beat us two nil If we don't get anybody in this window then I honestly can't see us wining many ,not creating much from open play ,don't really like scoring , Just hope Rooney comes good because at the moment don't think he's giving us anything But he's not on his own Clarke and Wisdom played well , fullbacks just about passable, Holmes played well just his final ball Knight did ok , the rest not impressive at all

I remember just 1 shot on target from them and 2 from us. Stats tell us that both sides committed 12 fouls. How did Hull get away with 0 bookings? Our 4? Had I been the man in the middle for this I'd have given 3 of them. Knight being the one wouldn't have. There were quite a few strange decisions from the man in red but he got a few right as well such as letting play carry on when a Hullard decided to take a rest on the floor..... Average performance from him, not the best we've had ths season but far from the worst.

Earlier this week I wrote a post on tackling in reply to one saying some of our players are too weak in the tackle. In the first 4 minutes we saw good tackles from Knight, Holmes and, most surprising of all, Lawrence. All 3 had been mentioned in the "too weak" post.

Hull had 2 great chances, both of which were put wide (Bowen and Magennis). Great header from Clarke but I think their keeper will be kicking himself for coming for the ball and not getting it.

No subs used by Derby. When did that last happen? I am glad Cocu didn't make any changes as I can't think of any Rams player who had a bad un.

Hamer. Not a lot to do but did what he had to do well.
    Bogle. Not back to his best going forward yet. Comes inside too often with the ball for me. Defendively he played well
    Wisdom. I've suggested playing him at CH before. He started out as one and converted to RB in his late ****s and returned to that role at Salzburg and got a League and Cup double. Played well defensively and, especially in the 2nd half, played some great balls through to Waggy et al.
    Clarke, Very good. One of the possibilities for MOTM.
    Lowe. Another good game from him. There will be those (and the commentator was one) blaming him for the time when Bowen cut inside, shot but Magennis was deemed offside. I disagree. They had two players attacking down the right, Bowen and another, Lowe tracked Bowen, Lawro was tracking the other Hull player who was a few yards inside and 7 or 8 yards behind Bowen. Two quick return passes saw Bowen cutting inside. IMO Lawro was far closer to Bowen when he went for the return pass and should have gone with him.
    Holmes. Played well again, tackled well and is another possible MOTM for me.
    Huddlestone. A couple of errors but a decent game overall. Watching him and Wazza spraying the ball around is a joy. He was also Roo's backup in arguments with the ref.
    Rooney. Doesn't seem to break sweat. Leads both physically and verbally. Still has IT, whatever IT is. Made me laugh with his "shot" from the training ground corner move.
    Knight. What a game he had. It tells you how he is viewed by the opposition when they have to clatter an 19 year old who has a massive 14 1st team appearances. Another possible MOTM for me.
    Waghorn. Put in a shift as usual. Dave mentioned his not jumping for balls, preferring instead to try to hinder the CH. Something Martin also does. Playing to orders?
    Lawrence. Apart from the tackle that caused his booking, he flew under the radar. Worked hard, looked for the pass as opposed to a blind alley to run down and, something I found refreshing, seemed to leave his "tantrums / petulance" in the dressing room. A mature performance from him. More of the same please, Tom lad.

MOTM? An honourable mention for Wiz. The award, for me, goes to one of Clarke, Holmes and Knight. Clarke got the nod from the sponsors probably down to the goal. I will go for Holmes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)