+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Dover Athletic 18.01.20

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Pretty uninspiring so far. Dover are a poor side but they press high. Problem is, Ardley has no idea how to exploit that with the pace in our side. Another game where we should be very comfortable but aren't.
    Not true. Dover have the joint best away record in the league with Barrow. 26 points from 13 games, so they're defo not a poor side. Sounds like they're compact and tough to break down.

From the sounds of it, we are fairly comfortable, just looking for that breakthrough. Dover playing 4-1-4-1, so have a deep mid player in front of defence (The Makalele role). So we could potentially risk going to a 4-3-3 to combat this, although that leaves too much leg work for old man Doyle. Catch 22.

Very little has happened. We should battering them. Barrow would.
    Ah OK. I'm only listening to Charlie and Stall on commentary rather than there in person so that might explain our differing take on the game so far. Maybe they are trying to make Notts sound better or something.

I've watched Notts under Ardley a lot over the last year. But even now I have absolutely no idea what our style of play is? We pass it around the back...and then what? Misplaced passes and hit and hope punts forward. We would be battered against better sides. The frustrating thing is that we have some good players, but we just sort of bumble through games. It is only due to the woeful standard of opposition this season that we have managed to pick up results.

We are playing at 50% of the potential of this team.

I've watched Notts under Ardley a lot over the last year. But even now I have absolutely no idea what our style of play is? We pass it around the back...and then what? Misplaced passes and hit and hope punts forward. We would be battered against better sides. The frustrating thing is that we have some good players, but we just sort of bumble through games. It is only due to the woeful standard of opposition this season that we have managed to pick up results.

We are playing at 50% of the potential of this team.
    Sounds a bit harsh to me I'm afraid but then I'm a renowned optimist, as you know

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Not true. Dover have the joint best away record in the league with Barrow. 26 points from 13 games, so they're defo not a poor side. Sounds like they're compact and tough to break down.

From the sounds of it, we are fairly comfortable, just looking for that breakthrough. Dover playing 4-1-4-1, so have a deep mid player in front of defence (The Makalele role). So we could potentially risk going to a 4-3-3 to combat this, although that leaves too much leg work for old man Doyle. Catch 22.
    The are a poor side mate. And we are only comfortable for that reason. They offer absolutely no threat going forward.

The are a poor side mate. And we are only comfortable for that reason. They offer absolutely no threat going forward.
    Showing them too much respect because of their away record perhaps.

Well you're there mate, so you're the best judge. Sounds like we need to keep at it and scrape a 1-0!

Will there ever be a manager who can get Enzio into games as a consistent threat? I'm not sure.

Bugger. Harrogate have taken the lead at Ebbsfleet now. Only just noticed.

Well. Stags changing their manager worked out well!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast