+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Nearest Challengers

Forest win their game in hand beating Luton and join the chasing pack.

Sounds like the Leeds board funnily enough - obvious nerves showing here as well as on our board,

Leeds haven't learned the lesson from last season of needing competition up front - Bamford is pants - scores one in 15 chances FFS.

Happy for you guys to go clear TBH will concentrate our minds hopefully.

Our next Four games - Millwall home, Wigan Home, Forest Away, Brentford Away... gulp!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Sounds like the Leeds board funnily enough - obvious nerves showing here as well as on our board,

Leeds haven't learned the lesson from last season of needing competition up front - Bamford is pants - scores one in 15 chances FFS.

Happy for you guys to go clear TBH will concentrate our minds hopefully.

Our next Four games - Millwall home, Wigan Home, Forest Away, Brentford Away... gulp!
    😁
    It's what is truly brilliant about this league. I never get this type of enjoyment in the EPL.
    It's quite sterile really.
    All the best...

I think the problem is that before Christmas Leeds and ourselves were in a false position. For me neither of us were 10/11 points better than the top 6 teams at the half way stage of the season.

What we both did was manage to win games one way or another. Now we are drawing those games and Leeds are doing the same and sometimes losing those games as well. Penalties are being missed, decisions and lucky breaks are going against us both, we are hitting the woodwork when before they just went inside the post. We are conceding unlucky own goals when before the ricochets we’re going out for corners. The result is that the gap has been considerably closed.

There isn’t a lot between the top 6 and where we are now is a far more real comparison of the various clubs. Just hope the tide can turn back in our favour tonight and we get the 3 points because momentum and confidence are so important at anytime of the season but particularly at the business end. COYB.

Spot on Yarm

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I think the problem is that before Christmas Leeds and ourselves were in a false position. For me neither of us were 10/11 points better than the top 6 teams at the half way stage of the season.

What we both did was manage to win games one way or another. Now we are drawing those games and Leeds are doing the same and sometimes losing those games as well. Penalties are being missed, decisions and lucky breaks are going against us both, we are hitting the woodwork when before they just went inside the post. We are conceding unlucky own goals when before the ricochets we’re going out for corners. The result is that the gap has been considerably closed.

There isn’t a lot between the top 6 and where we are now is a far more real comparison of the various clubs. Just hope the tide can turn back in our favour tonight and we get the 3 points because momentum and confidence are so important at anytime of the season but particularly at the business end. COYB.
    What a nicely reasoned post even if I don't necessarily agree with it. Before our recent dip in form we had only lost one (Leeds) and from what I saw and read only one team (Fulham) had been noticeably better than us on the day so I say we were 10/11 points better. I also saw weaknesses in those below us as lack of managerial experience (Fulham) squad size and resources (Brentford, Preston and a few others.)
    Still think it will it is us and Leeds that are best equipped to go up. Just the small matter of making it so!

COYB
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 20-01-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Leeds lose again + had player sent off straight red 3 match ban all good
    Dirty Leeds 👍

N’then this league has a funny way of sneaking up on ya and biting you on the ass eh?!

Long haul to go yet J the nerves haven’t started yet Like us I think you have a decent manager and a strong squad to see the season out, out of the mix at present I would like to see both our clubs up.......in our hands.

I wouldn't fancy many of this squad cutting it in the top flight.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    N’then this league has a funny way of sneaking up on ya and biting you on the ass eh?!

Long haul to go yet J the nerves haven’t started yet Like us I think you have a decent manager and a strong squad to see the season out, out of the mix at present I would like to see both our clubs up.......in our hands.
    The momentum has swung in favour of the pack now...😁
    What's not to like about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    The momentum has swung in favour of the pack now...��
    What's not to like about it?
    Squeaky bum time pal!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)